Friday, January 22, 2010
Friday's Fave Five #71
"Whoo Hoo, it's Friday! Whoo Hoo, it's Friday" (Done in a sing song voice). Can you tell I'm so glad it's Friday? Welcome one and all to Friday's Fave Five. Kick back, grab a nice coffee or whatever you like, relax and let's take a look back at our five favorite things from the week. If you are new, you can get details here and then don't hesitate to just join right in. It's always nice to meet someone new. And it's also nice to have all you regulars come by. I look forward to "meeting" with each of you each week.
So my favorites for this week were:
1. An easier day after a tough week. Quite by chance yesterday, I had an easier day after a very busy, hard week. It's always hard to start a new preschooler or baby in the dayhome and I had two new ones this week. Thursday both families had the day off so it gave me a nice little breather. I still had the other children, but it was easier without helping new little ones transition. We could have an easy going relaxed day.
2. Quirky humored babies. I've got the most charming, sweet and funny 20 month old little girl in my dayhome. She's adorable, affectionate, and has the most quirky sense of humor for her age. She keeps me smiling and laughing. I adore her.
3. The thought of the weekend empty of plans. For the first time since before Christmas, I actually have a weekend that is completely empty of plans other than church on Sunday morning. A clean slate. I can write on it spontaneously as I go along. Even though I've got plenty to keep me busy around the house, I can pick and choose as the weekend presents itself.
Everything is optional. I like that.
4. "I Love Lucy". One of my youngest's (15 years old) Christmas presents was the whole I Love Lucy series. We've been enjoying watching it over the past weeks. They never get old for us. We all enjoy them including my soon to be 18 year old son.
5. Finding the perfect present. I love it when I can score the perfect gift for someone and was able to do that for my son's 18th birthday next week. The two items have been unavailable since I've been looking for them, way back to last November. And I was able to hunt down both of them. Whoo hoo. But shhh, I can't tell you what they are because with my luck he would read it even though he has never darkened the door the of my blog that I know of before. This would be the post he reads.
Hey I got through a fave five without a food item. Fancy that!
So what has been your favorite things from your week? If you do a post, please link up so that we may come by!
P.S. If you need to email me for any reason, my email is, shall we say, missing at the moment. We installed Windows 7 on my laptop last night, and can you believe it does not have an email window in it? So now we have to figure out how to get my email back. Arggh. Hopefully hubby can get if fixed tonight. Well, email is up and running. But boy it's different. I think I just deleted my junk email folder by accident. Yikes.