It's time for the Random Dozen by Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee, affectionately know as the Lid, or Lidna, in which she randomly asks us random questions about random things. You can check it out here.
1. Which is worse: a long, boring meeting or standing in a return/exchange line after Christmas? Ugh, two of my worst nightmares. I don't do well in either situation. I'll pick the line up because (a) I'm standing up so that will help keep me awake and (b) my mind can wander all it wants and I know I won't be called upon for an opinion or an answer. Well at least not until I get to the till.
2. Except for maybe Rosie O'Donnell or Ann Coulter, nobody likes confrontation, yet we all have to deal with it. When you feel cornered and defensive, do you "bite back" or become passive aggressive? This is hard to answer because a few factors determine which way I lean. Who it is that's baiting me and the topic or situation instigating the confrontation. But I would say in a general sense, much to my dismay at times after the fact, I am more the bite back type when I am cornered. In fact, I have been known to be called "fiesty" at times. That could or could not be a good thing.
3. Do you know anything about your genealogical background? (What country, culture, ties to prominent historical figures, or other stuff.) My Dad is Hungarian, my Mom a Czeckoslovakian immigrated to Hungary when she was a child. (Much to one of my children's dismay who longs to be Irish for some reason. I think she might have a drop of that blood running somewhere in her veins from her father's side.) They came over to Canada as husband and wife in the '56 Hungarian Revolution. This explains my strong affinity for sour cream and garlic.
4. What is the quickest way a person can endear him/herself to you?
-show themselves friendly, be nice to my kids, have a sense of humor, be honest, be themselves and not have ulterior motives
5. Cake, pie, cookies, or ice cream? (Note there is no "all of the above" option. You must choose one. Feel free to elaborate on flavor or memories tied to this dessert.) If you'd like, you can share a recipe, but you certainly don't have to. Whatcha mean there is no all of the above? Whoo boy, how do I answer this one? Okay. Cake, I can take it or leave it. Unless it's cheesecake. Love pie, depends on the cookie and I love ice cream but have to be in the mood. So if presented with cheesecake or pie, it would depend on the flavors. Okay how about this: warm pie ala mode would be my first choice.
6. Females: Do you regularly change your handbag to coordinate with your outfit? Never. I change my handbag with the seasons or whatever strikes my mood.
7. Are you task-oriented or relationship-oriented? Definitely relationship oriented. I love tasks that involve having others to work alongside with. I tend to shuffle off and procrastinate on tasks where I have to work by myself.
8. IHOP, Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel? Uhm, Ricki's or Chili's? Not a one of those options are where I live.
9. Have you ever left a movie in progress in a theater? Why? Yup. El Dorado. The cartoon version. My elementary aged daughter was very uncomfortable through out the film and when a very adult situation was portrayed between two of the characters we left. We felt fine with it because it showed the kids it was okay to leave in the middle of theatre movie if they felt uncomfortable. A lesson they themselves have used a few times.
10. What is one area of life in which you would like to develop more discipline or organization? Personal time with studying the Bible and prayer. And exercise. Definitely exercise. And portion control. Yup that too. LOL. I guess those are all discipline options. Organization? I guess I'd say time management as I can never get myself out the door on time.
11. Was middle school fun or painful? We didn't have middle school. It was junior high which was grades 7 - 9. I'd say it was alright, nothing great. Probably leaning more towards painful.
12. What is your favorite Fall beverage? Hot Ciders. Specifically these hot ciders. And while I love all the different kinds, the Apple Cinnamon is to die for. It takes just like my Godmom's homemade apple pie. And she made the best.
If you want to play, see 2nd Cup of Coffee to link up.