Now I was going to have you all look back over the year and find your five favorite things from the year but I thought that would be too daunting a task. How could one ever narrow a year down into 5 favorites. So we'll just stick with the usual 5 favorite things from the week, but we'll have a giveaway. A basket of 5 of my favorite things: a book, a candle, a starbucks, stationary and my favorite chocolate. So if you do a post this week and sign Mr. Linky then your name will go in the hat! Good luck! Now let's party.
1. Grapes. I love, love, love grapes. And this past week I had a inordinately juicy, sweet, tasty batch. Icey cold from the fridge they are so refreshing on a hot day. And something I am finding out in my reading is that grapes can help lower blood pressure (which I need) and grapes have high levels of anitoxident phytochemicals which may help reduce heart disease risk. Mmm, mmm. Yummy and good for me, can't beat that.
2. Flashpoint. I look forward to this show each week. It is a Canadian police drama written by Canadians and filmed in Toronto, but don't let that make you hesitate to watch it. It's about a Strategic Response Unit team. It is not your typical police show, in my opinion, and it really has stories that tug at the heart. It shows this highly trained group of individuals as humans with hearts not just tough automaton cops. The stories are awesome and well written. I think I've cried in most of them, they have such a human element to them. The one about high school bullying I couldn't get out of my head for days, same with the one about a young couple who kidnaps back their baby from the adoptive parents, or the one about a young woman who has a brain disease which is quickly killing her and because of the progression people assume she is on drugs. It's been nominated for 19 Gemini Awards. I can hardly wait for the next season. I think you can catch back episodes at CBS or CTV.
3. Facing Your Giants by Max Lucado. This was a book I had encouraged my church library to get in and then it sat there for months (and I mean months). I'd look at it sitting there and feel guilty for not taking it out and then one Sunday I just felt strongly that now was the time to read it. And thank God, this time I listened to what God was saying to my heart. It was exactly what I needed for right now. I love the way Max Lucado writes. So inspirational and he breaks down details of the bible and stories of biblical characters in ways that one can apply it to their own lives.
4. Potluck with my ladies bible study group. Not only yummy food but great company too. Our studies are good but it's nice to just get together for fun, too.
5. My dog and cat. A couple of simple pleasures in my life. When they sit beside me and just bask in me petting them, it is also a stress reliever for me. And the goofy things they do just make me laugh. I swear my Samson thinks he's a four legged human.
Look at those faces. How can one resist loving on them?
What were your favorites for the week. Don't forget if you do a post and sign on the Mr. Linky you'll be entered in our 52nd week celebration.