Monday, August 03, 2009

Monday Mish Mash

Here I am checking in on the later side of the morning afternoon. It's a holiday here today so no work for me. And it's a good thing too because it's been busy since we came home from dropping off the car to Kay, my oldest, last Wednesday. No slowing down around here. But as my friend Linda from 2nd Cup of Coffee said today, "Back Up, Barkus". You so have to click over there and read where this saying came from. And while you're at it grab a coffee and read some of her older posts. She is hilarious. Anyway, I totally think she has started a new phrase in Blogland. Don't you just love that? "Back Up, Barkus!" LOL.

So backing up to last Wednesday, "Back Up, Barkus" seems quite fitting. We weren't even pulled into the driveway 5 minutes before my youngest, Tia, disappears from the unloading of the car job. As I'm muttering under my breath about this phenomenom that seems to occur around here, she shows back up again with this:


"This" is not our dog. "This", in fact, seems to be nobody's dog. No collar, skinny, trucking down the street all by himself.



But boy, oh, boy was he the most gentle, sweet baby horse dog I've ever seen. And believe me once this young lady gets her arms around the likes of a sweet pup like this we have to pry her off. Of course then came the usual calls to the animal shelter to see if anyone had lost him. No luck there and we didn't want them to come get him choosing instead to go with the Humane Society. Long story short, volunteers can't call back until the next night, pup jumps fence, after tucking the dog in, the kids sleep on deck with dog so he doesn't fly the coop again.



Still there in the morning, but then he jumps the fence again so we opened the gate so that he doesn't hurt himself doing that again. He leaves but comes back. Tia is thrilled and thinks this means he should stay forever. Mom says "Uhm, no!". In actuality I think he came back to scarf some more food, make Samson go balistically territorial once more, and soak up some more loving from the cute, young lady. But alas,this time the pup seemed to say "Thanks for the refreshments, the love and a place to crash, but I need to hit the dusty trail once more".

And after posing for one more picture, off he went.

Saturday was a marathon grocery shopping trip. Kay, the oldest was coming home for 10 days and boyfriend was also going to be coming.

I had to stock the fridge and cupboards. I couldn't very well have them starving to death on my watch. They arrived safe and sound yesterday afternoon, so my week, even though I have to work, will be squeezing in every second I can with my girl. The second half of Amazing Race needs to be watched with her, as well as lots of visiting with the Grandma's, and just relaxing with each other is on the agenda. Maybe a trip or two to the lake can be squeezed in if the weather would only co-operate.

What's your week looking like?

10 comments:

nikkipolani said...

What is it with strays? They come, they go... don't they know how to properly ingratiate themselves? Your story of the horse/dog sounded a lot like Dolly. Enjoy your daugher and her BF :-)

Willow said...

Oh no! He left? I thought there was going to be a 'he's ours for good' kind of ending to that story.

ellen b. said...

Ahhh, the dog does look like a sweet one. I'm glad you are getting to spend some quality time with your girl...
We're heading to Vancouver Island tomorrow for a bonzai trip!

Kelly said...

Well, I can tell who the dog lover is. Wow!

SOunds like a good weekend, all in all.

Barbara H. said...

I'm like Willow -- I thought you were going to say you's adopted a new family member!! Hope he finds his home soon.

We're busy with wedding activities. Just got my dress fixed -- but will save that for the FFF. Such a relief to have that done, though!

Brenda said...

That dog is beautiful, I don't know whether to be happy or sad that he left. We always stock the fridge when our kids come, but I think my husband uses them as an excuse to buy all the foods he likes and I usually won't get :)

Michelle said...

I will e-mail you my niece in laws blog (there) she looks after strays..what a lovely dog can see why Tia was so taken.I have little miss all week long so lots of outdoor time ..

Tina Leigh said...

That is a good looking dog...I think you should have kept him! I know...another mouth to feed & vets sure aint cheap these days. A busy week but a good week it sounds like. Have fun.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

You used "Barkus!" Too funny! Thanks for the shout-out, friend. That dog is sooo pretty. He has to be missed by someone (other than Tia!).

Donnetta said...

What a cute dog. I could sense his gentle spirit even in the pictures.

My week?... Leading music at Vacation Bible School. Need I say more?