Hi. Welcome to the 48th post of Friday's Fave Five. Wow, you guys are just awesome! I can't believe it's run this long and how much I am still enjoying reading your posts! Keep up the good work guys and I'll keep reading! It's a highlight of the end of my weeks. If you're wanting to join in for the first time, just go here to get up to speed and then just jump right in.
1. My oldest daughter arriving safe and sound for a 10 day visit definitely tops my list of favorite things. She drove herself in the car affectionately known as "the boat" instead of taking the bus, which was a little nerve wracking for me, but she made it. And we're enjoying visiting with her. The weather's been a bummer raining all week and ruining our plans, but we're going with the flow.
2. The Paso Doble from the top 4 show of So You Think You Can Dance. Oh my word, there was good dancing this night of the show and this was the last dance and the icing on the cake. I wish I could link you but I can't find it anywhere at the moment that is letting me embed it. And now So You Think You Can Dance Canada starts next Tuesday. Whoo Hoo. Love this show.
3. Monte Cristo Sandwiches. I haven't had one in years but this week I was blessed with enjoying one at the restaurant that in my opinion makes the best. Yummy. I hear our very own Barb, at A Chelsea Morning, also makes a mean Monte Cristo and she shows us how here. She serves hers with raspberry preserves, but around here they serve them with applesauce.
4. A slow week. After having last week off, it was wonderful to have a slow week with only 3 kids coming. And today there was only two of the 5 year olds so we took our cabin fever out of here and went to Burger King for lunch and play and then to the library for a puppet show. It was wonderful. I did feel like a bit of the old lady there though, with all the young moms that were there with their preschoolers. But that won't dismay me from doing that again the first chance I get.
5. The smell of rain. Love, love, love it. I've had my windows open at least a little bit the whole week it's been raining. It smells so clean and fresh. There is nothing like it to me. Such a simple thing and yet one of my favorite things ever.
What is your five favorite things from your week? Do a post and join on up on Mr. Linky. We'd love to come and visit you!