1. This commercial cracks me right up. Smart Dad.
2. Saturday mornings. I so enjoy Saturday mornings because it is the only morning that I get to totally relax. It's my only day to sleep in, to sit in my housecoat, coffee in hand. I either grab whatever book I'm reading or finish reading all your Fave Five posts. With no pressures.
3. The smells and sounds of early morning. I love when I first get up in the mornings. I come out to the livingroom and on nice days hubby has the big windows open and the fresh smell of the morning is wafting in. That sunshiney morning smell. And the birds are chirping as they pull their breakfast out of the lawn. I wish I could somehow bottle a true morning smell into an air freshner.
4. Friends who pray for you. What an encouragement it is to have a group of friends that pray with and for you when you are going through things. The everyday life things. To know that you can share something with them and have them pray for you right on the spot and then knowing that they are continuing on praying for through the week is such a comfort. I have friends like that who have kept us in their prayers as hubby searched for a job. If you have been one of those who have lifted us before the Lord, thank you!
5. And saving the very best for last: We celebrated hubby's new job this week! You read that right! Yes, thank you Lord, hubby has a new job and will be starting Monday. We're very excited. It sounds like something right up his alley and something he will love. And it's really funny how God works. Remember this little concert we went to? The one that was a miracle in the way it happened? Little did we know at the time that God was setting something else up other than just an enjoyable evening of music. Well when we went to our seats, lo and behold we were sitting right next to a couple whom hubby knows really, really well. In fact, he used to work for them when he was a teen. The Mrs. asked him what he was doing now and he mentioned a few things he was thinking of going into at the time. Well, as the months went by and no job, it all of a sudden occured to us that maybe hubby could go see these former employers and I'm pleased to say he is now once again in their employ. That concert was a blessing in more ways than one. Thank you God for setting all that up!
What were your favorite things from your week? A special event, a funny happening, a great read, a funny quote? What made you smile? If you've done a post, please sign onto Mr. Linky linking the specific post (and not your home page). Have a great weekend everyone!