Hello everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Easter! Welcome to Friday and of course, the Fave Five. Details are here if you need them. Jump right in if you're new. Don't be shy.
As compared to some other weeks that have been somewhat hard, ok, downright tough, this week there were so many great things for me it was hard to choose just five. Yay for that. If you're having a hard week this week, bless you. I encourage you to try to do the list anyway. I found it really helped to uplift me in the hard weeks as I looked for the good things. And there were good things, even if they were hidden under the piles of yuck. I don't know why I said all that, but I feel strongly to leave it, so it will stay.
Onto the five.
1. At the top of the list. This awesome incredible gift from the Lord on Good Friday:
After a wonderful afternoon visiting, enjoying sweet fluffy yellowness, and partaking of the simple goodness of life we headed home from the Hutterite colony and the Lord had one more gift for us that day.
And I have to say that the colors were even more brilliant in real life. It was breathtaking. Hubby was good enough to pull over so I could snap a few pictures. I wished I could have set the pics up more but we were under a time crunch to get a young person back to work on time. Isn't God the most incredible artist?
Not even 5 minutes after getting back in the van and getting going again, we got a flat. In fact, the whole sidewall blew out. That's the scary thing that I mentioned. A flat, in the middle of nowhere, on a secondary hiway, while it was getting dark. But after that incredible sunset, who could get upset? We just dealt with it and trusted God to keep us safe, and because of a hubby who knew how to change that thing we were back on the road in no time. Thank God he was with us, or I would possibly have not been quite so confident. As in not at all. I wouldn't have had a clue how to get the spare from underneath the van. And guess what? I didn't even think to take a picture of hubby doing all that wonderful work.
2. Having the family all home for Easter. Definitely a favorite thing for me. Kay was home and Hubby's and my moms and sisters and their families joined us for Easter dinner. Having everyone together is always special.
3. Having Monday off. I was able to have those Monday morning hours with my girl before she headed back to school and then was able to take her to the city where she catches the bus. We could put her on the bus here in our city but then it's a 12 - 16 hour ride for her but if we take her to the city an hour and a half from here it's a 6 hour bus ride. Go figure. But it gave me more time with her and that's always a good thing.
4. Gift turkeys. LOL. We recieved two turkeys for gifts at Christmas, so I put one away for now and it was really nice to be able to pull that bird out the freezer and feed everyone and not kill my budget. I'll never look a gift turkey in the mouth. ;v)
5. Having family pictures done. Can you believe other than Sears or Wallymart sessions we have not really had "professional" family pictures done. We had them done, finally, on Friday by a friend who is just starting out in the business. And was it ever fun. We went down to the river bottom and spent an hour doing a "photo shoot". LOL. I haven't seen them yet, but I know there's going to be some great shots just because of the scenery that was around us. And because of how many shots she took. The law of percentages says with all those shots there's got to be a good one in there somewhere. We were all dressed in black shirts and blue jeans and even Samson the dog, got in on the action. It was too much fun.
So what were your favorite things from the week. Did something make you smile, a word, a deed, a gift, a written word, something you saw, or heard or tasted? If you've done a Fave Five post, sign on to Mr. Linky and let us come and smile with you!