1. I feel exhausted and drained. Physically, emotionally and creatively. I don't often get this way but when I do I tend to draw introspective, hence the "I got nothin'" in the title. And lucky for you, you get the random sentences of whatever comes out of the keyboard.
2. I survived leading ladies group once again. Though it was a hard one and I had a sense of panic a couple of times. We're doing a study by Patsy Clairmont on untangling our emotions and the topic this week was anger. That one's a toughie because the study can really turn into people feeding off of each other's points of anger and it can take quite a downward, negative turn. Add to that we have a couple of ladies who are not afraid to speak their minds and you never know what they will say. The leading of God was really needed to stay on topic and to keep bringing everyone back to how to deal God's way with their different points of anger and how to bring glory to Him in our overall attitudes. Praise God for His grace whenever I do something like this, is all I can say.
3. The main bedroom is coming along. For those who asked we picked the color "Jute" which is sort of a beige brown base with hints of green and yellow and even some gray, depending on how the light is hitting it. I satisfied my more earthy color need and hubby's darker, more saturated color need. These pics aren't quite the way they are "live" but not bad. See how it looks a bit different depending on the angle of lighting. And of course I had to use flash so that makes it a touch different than natural light too. At night it's deep and rich.
And yes, the '90's wall paper is coming down. No more burgundy. But hey, it used to be big purple flowers thanks to the folks who live here before. So burgundy was a vast improvement! And no, that is not how messy my bedroom usually is. Everything is piled into the middle and on top of the bed. What we'll do when we redo the floor is at this point beyond me. We might be breaking out the tent and sleeping bags. Which could be a tad chilly in Alberta at this time of year.
4. It is really noisy down here. Man, oh man. Put 5 boys and one rambunctious girl into a small playroom and it's amazing the decibels they produce.
5. American Idol was dullsville last night except when the visually impaired fella sang. Seems to me Canadian Idol talent last season was way above this years American group. Sorry my American friends, 'tis true. And I felt heart sick for the poor kid who accidently knocked over the mike stand and the judges couldn't let it go no matter how many times he said it was an accident. And then Ryan rubbing his nose in it was over the top. I thought the kid was gonna cry. I hope Ryan apologized after. I sorta like the blonde girl who hasn't been able to get it together with image. I hope she makes it through too.
6. My dog, Samson, desperately needs to go to the doggy hairdresser. He looks a bit like a crazy mop.
7. It is beautiful here this week. Do I dare to believe maybe, just maybe, spring might be on the way?
8. And with that comes spring cleaning. If you need motivation for that go here and scroll through the post for about the last 3 weeks. My word, my friend is a vertitable cleaning superwoman and if it doesn't motivate you to at least do something, well, I don't know what will.
9. I wish I could be like my cat who is now curled up and sleeping beside me on the top of the couch. To sleep when you want and have no one give me a rough time, have someone make me breakfast and dinner when I demand it, act cute or snooty as my mood strikes, have attitude and still have them loving me and vying for my attention when I choose to give it, never have to scrub a toilet or dust. Sorta sounds like fun.
10. I need to win a trip to somewhere beachy and lovely.
So I'll stop there. I'm sure there is only so much randomness even the best of bloggy friends can handle. If you stuck with me through this, bless your heart!