Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Come join us as we reflect back on our week and pick our five favorite things from the week. If you're new all the info is here. If you've done a post on your favorite five don't forget to sign Mr. Linky so that we can come and visit.
So my faves for the week:
1. Fresh Paint. It always amazes me how much of a lift a fresh coat of paint on tired old wall and trim makes. Hubby is redoing the spare bedroom and the hallway. Both were begging for someone to grab a brush and go for it. Hubby obliged and it's looking so much better. My only problem is it takes me forever to choose a color.
2. Baby Sounds. I've got a new one year old in the dayhome and he keeps me laughing with all the funny baby noises and "talking" that he does. So cute. And the more you laugh, of course, the more he does it. Nothing like an appreciative audience for him.
3. Bottle time. I just love giving a baby a bottle right before nap time time. Even though the little ones are no longer mine there is something about sitting in the rocker holding that precious bundle while they drink away and they're eyes get sleepier and sleepier. Just stroking their cute little feet or hands. It's definitely a precious moment.
4. Greek Feta Salad Dressing. For some reason we haven't had a fresh salad in awhile. Not sure why, but we had some this week. I used my fave dressing. I love, love, love this stuff. On salads, as a dip, on baked potatoes. Yum, yum.
5. God's Promises. Oh the comfort that comes the word of God. This week, with the things that have gone on here, I've been drawn back to these two scriptures:
*1 Peter 5:6-7 "humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you."
*Philippians 4, 6-7 "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Do not be anxious about anythingk, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will gurad your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
It's so nice to look back and find those treasures, both obvious and hidden, glaring and subtle that have blessed us this week. What are your favorites that you found?