Thursday, January 22, 2009

Friday's Fave Five #21




It's Friiiiiiday! Welcome, welcome. Time to look back on the week and find your five favorite things. And hopefully Mr. Linky will behave himself this week and not be playing hide and seek with us! If you've done a post with your fave five from the week please sign on so that we can come by and read. If you're new the details are here.

So after a really busy week, my favorite five things that I chose, in no particular order, were, drumroll please:


1. Burt's Bee's Lip Balm with Pomegranite



My lips are dry, dry, dry with this crazy winter weather. I bought this for the first time and now my lips feels so much better. And it smells yummy. And bonus: it doesn't leave my lips feeling like they have an inch of wax on them.


2. The good old binky, soother, pacifier, soosoo or whatever else you choose to call this wonderful little item. I'm telling ya when all three of the little ones who still use one of these in dayhome get going these come in mighty handy and bring blessed relief, both to baby and to my ears. LOL. They truly are defined well here:



3. Psalm 91. We've been taking a look at this Psalm in our Ladies Bible Study Group. What comfort it's been bringing to the group of ladies for various reasons. No matter what issue or fear we have, we are learning that God is faithful and our protector, our refuge and our fortress and we can hide ourselves in Him if we love Him. Go here and read it for yourself and allow it to bring you hope and comfort especially in these nerve wracking times.


4. My hubby. I've just been appreciating him this week and noticing all the little things he does around the house. From painting (of which he is doing the kitchen cupboards and bathroom right now), to fixing things, to being the computer man of the house, to running errands, to cleaning the pots every day, he really does do an awful lot around our home. Thanks, Sweetie! I don't say it enough.


5. This post by my friend Shalee cracked me right up! Totally what was needed at the perfect time. Thanks Shalee!


So what were your favorite things from your week. Some times it's easy to find them, sometimes not so much, but always a blessing once you start looking for them. If you've done a post please sign on!


Also, before I go I just want to mention my friend Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee is having this crazy Mug Off contest. Up for grabs is a Starbucks gift card! Click on the Ugly Pirate Mug in my sidebar to get the details. Do we dare show our Ugly Mugs, so to speak, over at her place on Monday? For a Starbucks card? You bet your mug!


Now don't forget to sign Mr. Linky with your fave five!





33 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for hosting Susanne :) I must try the burt's bees.I love Burt's for my lips& soothers are wonderful when needed..

Jamie said...

Once again, another great list! I agree, it is a blessing when I make the effort to find my favorite things of the week. I too love Burt's bees products...I'll have to give this one a try.

Betty said...

Good Morning! I used to love those binky´s too! They are a "Godsend"!
Great post again!

Anonymous said...

I love many of the Burt's Bees products. I have this almond hand creme that I am using a lot right now that I like. And what a great hubby you have. :)
Thanks for hosting Susanne!
Have a good Friday, and use that "mute button" as needed.:) LOL

Brenda said...

I especially like Burts Bee's products myself. I have a coconut foot cream I use every night. Great stuff.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I saw Shalee's post in an email this week and shared it with my Girls' Group, one of whom is addicted to Burt's Bees stuff.

Thanks for the sweet shout out. Only a couple more days until I can take down the ugly mug button!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Susanne! I loved reading your Friday's Fave Five! I see I mixed up the word order in the title on my post today! Rats! :)

When my little gr. daugher was born 2 1/2 yrs ago, I found the "new" pacificer the hospital was using (it was new to ME!) called a Soothie to be the most amazing device ever envented. It worked so well with her, that I found where they were sold (Target here) and snatched up a bunch of em). They truly were the "off button" for her at that time!
It's great to have a husband who pitches in and helps around the house. I don't know how you have time for much of anything with your home business! I'd be so tired after a day of taking care of so many wee ones---I wouldn't be able to move for hours! :)
Psalm 91 was featured on another post recently (it was the blogger's dad's favorite passage--he had just died). I hadn't read it in a long time--it does bring great comfort.
Thanks for hosting this Fri. Fave--it makes me appreciate all of the little things in my life that are important.
Dana

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! Love the "mute button"!!!

Jen said...

I love burts bees too....great stuff. I hope you are having a fantastic friday.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes I remember how important the sowsa was at our house. It's nice to have a hubby that helps. Psalm 91 is a great comforting Psalm. Thanks for pointing us there! Have a wonderful weekend Susanne!

Shalee said...

You're so welcome. Sometimes laughter is the perfect remedy to anything! :)

Anonymous said...

I think it's lovely that you notice your husband's kindnesses. Can't wait to go read the other fives - thanks for hosting, Susanne :-) And happy weekend!

Donnetta said...

My favorite thing about this week?? That today is Friday! YEAH!

Yes, unfortunately, it's just been one of those weeks...

Thanks for keeping these going and reminding me to look for favorite things in my week.

Lisa Spence said...

I love my Burt's bees--will have to check out the pomegranate version!

Three of my four boys took a pacifier--truly they are one of the all time best inventions ever!!!

Jerralea said...

Great list and thanks for hosting. I like thinking back over my week and looking for the highlights.

I'm going to have to try some of that Burt's Bees!

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

We're adjusting to the dryness out here. If you put the lip balm on before you go to bed at night, your lips will be much smoother in the morning!

Melissa said...

Love the Burt's Bees pomegranate. I take it with me everywhere!

Willow said...

Good morning, Susanne. I do wish The New Boy would use a mute button!

The Correspondent said...

I've finally got my Friday's Faves up!

Three cheers for the Mute Button as well as wonderful hubbies.

Faith said...

I have the very same Burt's Bees lip balm!!! Got it over the summer (kayaking dries my lips) but I lost it sometime a month ago!! I LOVED it though!
You have an awesome hubby!
I'll pass on the mug contest....I despise Starbucks....my coffee is Green Mountain of Vermont! (or DD) but thanks for letting us know!

Anonymous said...

Great list Susanne!

Tabitha said...

Oh, I love that Burt's Bees lip balm, too! In Arizona, the dry weather makes it a necessity. My hubby has impressed me this week, too--poor fellow, dealing with a cranky pregnant lady, God bless 'im!!
Great list--TGIF!!
Oh, and as a P.S....never used a pacifier with my son (I was it). With the next one? It'll be another necessity!
-Tabitha

Tracie said...

I love that mut button! TOOOOO CUTE. Can I get one for my hubby? JK

Islandsparrow said...

I have a Burt's Bees lipgloss that I use. It moisturizes plus a little colour. Love it!

Linda said...

I always enjoy your friday posts Susanne.
I like the Burt's too - that little tingle when you first put it on!
You have my total admiration - three little ones all at once.

Laura said...

Oh how I love the Psalms. They are so beautiful and comforting. It's like wrapping a warm blanket around you and knowing it will be okay.

Sandra said...

Another great list Susanne :)

Jill said...

This was a fun idea on a grey Friday!

Barb said...

How ironic. I bought my very first tube of Burt's Bees lip balm last Saturday. I love it.

Love you Friday list too. :-)

Anonymous said...

I missed getting to this today. I was totally foggy-headed this morning and finally gave up and took a nap. Turned out to be just what I needed! I tend to stay up way too late.

I've seen Burt's Bees products but never tried them. Love the "Mute button" pacifier!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog, well i think it was you. This is a fun idea. I love the Psalms.I know what you mean about the comfort of God in our lives it is just so amazing.
Ya Good lip Balm is important here in Albert right now, so dry.
Blessings

Tammy said...

I always enjoy your fav five, Susanne...

I had a lesson on counting my blessings this morning, so come take a peek...

Jada said...

I need to try Burt's Bees - my lips are chapped and dry, too. Chapstick isn't workin!