Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Look Back...

I found a fun little feature at Sandra's (Diary of a Stay at Home Mom) who found it at Kelli's (There's No Place Like Home). Here's the jist from Kelli:

"With the New Year right around the corner, this is the perfect time for a peek through the past year of blogging. I would love for you to join in with me! Post the first sentence of your first blog post of each month. You can also add a favorite picture from each month."
Sounds like fun, right? So here we go:
January

It came and it went.


February

The very first order of business.



March


Feeling very frustrated today.


April

Three women's lives intersect in small town Harper's Bay around the mystery of an ancient shipwreck offshore.



May

Well, yesterday the news came down.


June

"Better is one day in Your courts, than a thousand elsewhere"


July

Some interesting facts about Canada's flag to help celebrate Canada's birthday


August

Hello. And welcome to Friday's Fave Five.


September

Oi, I'm late with a post today, but better late than never.


October

Apparently she's got an ear. Or so I'm being told.



November

In James David Jordan's new thriller, Forsaken, a world-renowned televangelist must choose between his faith and his daughter's life.

December

Outside my window...the Christmas icicle lights are blowing in the wind.

From my family to yours, wishing you a very Happy New Year!

May all God's best be yours for 2009!

If you'd like to participate you can go here.

20 comments:

Faith said...

This was awesome.
Love the family pic! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Susie said...

That was so fun Susanne! Great idea for the remembrance of 2008. Happy New Year!

Willow said...

Very fun! Happy New Year, Susanne!

Sandra said...

I'm so glad you did this too, I LOVED it Susanne :)

And I love the family pic, it's beautiful.

Happy New Year sweet Susanne.

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

I have done something similar over at blog

wow i didnt think it had been that long since you hurt your arm

this year has gone FAST!!!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Loved this! What's fun is that I remember several of these from the original post.

Michelle said...

Well done Susanne :)Happy New Year.

Karen said...

This is a great way to recap the year. Happy New Year, Susanne!

Jen said...

Loved all the pictures and remembered a few of them. Happy new Year!

Anonymous said...

What a fun look back! I posted the first sentence from each month's posts before I saw Kelli's but didn't think to add pictures.

I do remember your poor hand. Is it totally working right now or have there been long term effects?

Donnetta said...

What a very fun idea! I might have to do that if I can find the time.

Happy New Year Friend!

Anonymous said...

My post would only include October, November and December. But if you do this next year, it'd be fun. Your list is fun! Since I don't have a list like that, I started this year with a list of blogging prayers for 2009.

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

I always enjoy your pictures. Happy New Year!

Shawna said...

Hi, Susanne! This worked out great. It really shows some of your best photos of the year and highlights some very big moments in your life. How fun. I remember all of that! :0)

Here's to another great year of blogging!

xoxoxo

Linda said...

What a great idea and what an excellent job you did. I love it!
Wishing all of you a blessed New Year.
Thank you so much for your prayers for my Dad.

Anonymous said...

How fun was that! But the photo of people walking in the flood waters scared me a bit. I don't think that's safe, really. Please tell me that wasn't you.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Great recap Susanne! Happy New Year!!

Barb said...

Wow, Susanne, your list is amazing. Amazing how just the first line of the first post each month, combined with the photos, really does recap your year.

I can't believe your poor broken hand happened so early in the year. I remember it so well and it seems like it was just a couple of months ago.

Happy new year to you, sweet friend.

Beck said...

You hurt your arm in MARCH! Good GRIEF, that was a long time ago! Beautiful post from a busy and bittersweet year - I hope that 2009 brings you much joy.

Kelli said...

I'm glad you joined in the fun! What a wonderful look through your past year!
~Kelli