Here we are at yet another Friday. I'm finding the days going so quickly now, counting down towards Christmas. Before I know it Christmas will be upon me. But for now, I'm going to concentrate on my five favorite things from this week. Please join in. I find it so uplifting as I visit your sites and read your favorites. Details are here and don't forget to sign in on Mr. Linky so that we can drop by your place.
1. Dinner out with hubby's fellow employees at a favorite fancy schmancy restaurant. What made this staff dinner so good is that in the office here there is only 3 employees so it was a really nice intimate dinner with wonderful food at a really nice restaurant rather than a great big banquet with about a 100 people as in former times.
2. Cute, cute, cute black dress shoes that I got at Payless shoes. I so desperately needed new shoes and these are so cute, fit great and it was BOGO so I got Tia's shoes that she needed for half price. Can't beat that. I wanted to give you a link because they really are too cute but their site is down. You'll just have to trust me.
3. My oldest, Kay, who's away at school, telling me she bought the bus ticket to come home for Christmas. Yipee. I can hardly wait to see her! She'll be home for about 8 whole days. That is the greatest present you could give me. My family all together for Christmas.
4. A hubby who knows how to fix the breaker box when it goes beserk. I so appreciate that he knows so much about home repairs. The breaker box had something go wrong withit yesterday, right in the middle of me curling my hair for the aforementioned dinner. So there I was holding the curling iron in my hair in the pitch dark. When the light came back on it was fading in and out. Quite scary, actually. Not creepy scary, but fire safety scary. And he knew what to do and had it fixed in no time. I wouldn't have been able to call an electrician until morning otherwise and it probably would have cost us a mint. Not to mention I would have worried all night. I'm very thankful for his handiness!
5. Santa Hubby arrived early this year to my house and I now have a lovely new fridge and stove. Yeah! There was something wrong with the timer on the other oven and I couldn't delay start the oven so forget coming home to a roast or something in the oven from church on Sunday. And it was cracked in a couple of places. So I'm thrilled and seeing I love cooking this was extra thoughtful on his part. I can hardly wait to start cooking on it! Thank you Hubby!
What are your favorite things from the past week?