Monday, November 10, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ November 10/08

For today:


Outside my window...It is cool and crisp, 5*C (41*F), but calm with blue skies. The sun is peeking out over the tops of the trees. A beautiful fall morning.

I am hearing...nothing but the morning cartoon. There is only 2 kids here so far today and they are just sitting watching a cartoon.

I am thinking...of the presents I need to get for hubby's birthday next week.

I am thankful for...my kid's safe arrival home after being away all weekend for a youth conference. I found out when they came home that they hit freezing rain and there were cars and semi's in the ditch all over the place at one point on the road home. It is probably a good thing I didn't know about that before they got home or I would have been a basket case worrying about them. I'm so very grateful and thankful they made it home. Two hours later than we thought, but safe and sound.

I am wearing...dark wash jeans, grey socks, pink long sleeved shirt. I know, my wardrobe is so terribly exciting.

I am hoping...for a peaceful day today. There is no school today so my teens are home. I'm hoping it's going to be a nice relaxed day for them seeing their weekend was pretty full and add being on the road for about 8 hours yesterday, I'm just going to let them veg.

From the dayhome...Finishing the letter "B" this week with balloon paintings, a poppy craft today for Remembrance Day tomorrow.

From the kitchen...Cherry Crisp, Chicken Pot Pie with Cornbread Crust, Beef Stew, Hamburger Soup

I am reading...I haven't even started "Snitch" yet that I said I was reading last week. I sort of went into a reading slump. So that is still on the list here, Our Canada magazine, Romans 4

I am creating...Christmas and birthday lists

Around the house...repacking the kitchen cupboards that hubby painted for me this weekend. It's so nice to have freshly painted, clean cupboards. Thank you, hubby!

One of my favorite things...nice clean cupboards

A few plans for the rest of the week...birthday gift shopping, finish the grocery shopping, treating my best friend to dessert at her fave restaurant for her birthday, hopefully taking in the service for Remembrance Day tomorrow

Here's a picture thought I'm sharing with you...


Huh?! Sometimes this is exactly how I feel though. Do you ever feel your days are perfectly described by this sign? LOL.

Join Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

14 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm creating Christmas and birthday lists around here too. No school here today either, so my teens are home as well.

SmilingSally said...

lol That picture is a laugh!

ellen b. said...

Clean organized cupboards...nice.
The sign is fabulous.
Enjoy your week Susanne..

Brenda said...

I like clean cupboards too, and I need to work on that!

Michele said...

I LOVE that sign! Awesome!

Beck said...

That sign is confusing... but I love reading about your day! I wish you lived next door to me.

Faith said...

Enjoyed your Daybook...I am also making a xmas gift list!
Love the pic...that was a hoot!

Anonymous said...

I remember the first times my then-teens drove in ice -- yikes!! Well, not just the first time -- any time. Glad yours got home safely and that they have a day off today.

I am guessing your Remembrance Day is similar to our Veteran's Day?

Funny sign!

Anonymous said...

It's chilly here today too... and rainy! Have a great Monday.

Jen said...

Loved the sign picture and totally get it. Your menu sounds great..we are having veggie beef soup tonight....hope your week goes well.

Barb said...

Why, yes. That stop/don't stop sign would look perfectly at home in my place. LOL

I think your wardrobe sounds wonderful. Comfortable and wonderful.

Hen Jen said...

haa, love the photo. Life is full of contradictions,huh?

FlipFlop Mom said...

THAT IS A CRACK UP!!

Shawna said...

I laughed and laughed at this the other day but didn't have time to comment. Oh, how I can relate!