Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday Thanks Tank June 12, 2008

Thursday is here. Time to fill up on having a Thankful heart and attitude. I do notice when life has thrown a curve ball at me, as it has right now, that intentionally looking for things to be thankful for and writing them down really helps to keep my perspective. It keeps my eyes on the goodness of God, and how in this country I am in, even in hard times, I really am truly blessed. If I focus on the worries and things not going just right, I get really under it and it's so easy for me to start feeling very, very sorry for myself and then I walk around very cranky and mad. But looking at the blessings around me helps me to realize how many things are good in my life. Pam at Without Fear hosts Thursday Thanks if you'd like to join in too. I love reading other's lists. Sometimes it gives me a lightbulb moment and makes me go "Hey, I have that too! I'm grateful for that too!".

1. So it just makes sense that the first thing I'm grateful for is other's thankful lists. Thanks for pointing out all the wonderful blessings in your lives. It helps me to see mine.

2. Eyes to see. Oh the things I'd miss if I couldn't see. The greenness of everything around me from all the rain, the sun trying to peek through the clouds, the smile of the 18 month old in dayhome, my hubby's beautiful blue eyes, my kids being goofy.

3. Ears to hear. What I would miss if I couldn't hear. The sound of the congregation in worship on Sunday mornings, my Tia telling me daily that she loves me, the purring of my cat, the sound of the sprinkler running, a breeze blowing through the trees, the sound of children's laughter.

4. Arms that can hug. In love, in comfort, in joy. Arms that lift my hands in worship, that express my European "hands that talk" heritage.

5. Legs that stand me up to cheer someone one, that can make me dance in happiness, that let me run after 6 preschoolers, that take me where I need to go.

I know in this world that there are no guarantees and any of these in this life can go so I am especially grateful for them today, that I was blessed with all of them for one more day. May I never, ever take them for granted.

11 comments:

ellen b. said...

Absolutely. Thank you Lord for another day. Blessings Susanne...

Shawna said...

I can incredibly thankful to God for these blessings as well, Susanne. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Amen!
Great list Susanne.
Blessings to you.

Anonymous said...

A huge Amen to that!

Jamie said...

Great post! I agree, we need to intentionally look for things to be thankful for. It can completely change our attitude.
Great blog, by the way, I'm glad I came across it.

Susie said...

This is such a beautiful list Susanne! I love coming by your Thursday Thanks post.

Donnetta said...

What a beautiful list this week. Not that the lists aren't good every week... there's just something about this one!

Shalee said...

Thank you for bringing me back to my "senses". I'm not really appreciative enough for the blessings of being "whole".

Thanks for focusing on the practical and beautiful things with which God has blessed us.

gail@more than a song said...

Good list and good reminders! Thanks.

Beck said...

Susanne, your thankfulness lists move me every week, but I think this one really tops it. Beautiful.

Tammy said...

Beautiful list...
I really, really need to start making a thankful list. I know it would help me to look at life in such a more positive light!