Thursday is here again. I can't believe how fast the weeks are going. It seems like I just did last weeks Thanks list.
1. Days off - I actually took a day off this last Monday. I can't believe how much I can get refreshed and get my perspective back when I just have a day totally to myself. The kids were in school, hubby was at work. Yes, I had lots to do, but just not having someone always needing something from me was like a mini-holiday. I even got to go out for lunch with a couple girlfriends which hasn't happened in, like, a year. Thank you Lord for a day off.
2. Early Christmas sales - Yes, I sure am. While the kids were gone on their youth conference hubby and I went and beat the crowds and bought the main part of their Christmas gifts. Shhhh, sorry can't tell you because they read my blog sometimes. Hahaha, you'll never guess kids, what we got ya!
3. My woman's bible study - I cannot write how thankful I am for this study. I have never attended a study quite like this one. The atmosphere is so relaxed and the ladies are encouraged to freely share what they are thinking or questioning or wondering. I've always only had studies where you basically listen to someone teach. But I have learned way more in this type of study.
4. No wind - I am so thankful that the 4 day long wind fest is over. I don't know what it is but the air pressure changes and works on your feelings when the wind is howling for four days straight, day and night. Gusting up to 75 km/hour, it was a blowing. Everything on my deck was being blown around and I couldn't even take the kids outside. Did I ever mention that 6 kids + no outside time = very wound up kids?
5. Vehicles - With all the running around I've had to do this week, I'm very thankful for my vehicle. I can't imagine how I would get things done if I had to catch buses or walk to everything.
6. Dentists - I actually am very thankful for a good dentist. Can't imagine not being able to have my teeth fixed when something is wrong. And yet so many in our world do not have access to dental care. It's really hard for us here to imagine that.
7. God's Grace - In doing yesterday's post, and thinking back to the notorious "year I lost my head", I am so thankful that Jesus went to look for and save this lamb who was so lost. I can see His grace even when I was totally going down the wrong road. Things could have turned out so much more badly if not for God's grace towards me. Thank you, Lord!
If you'd like to participate, grab the button and head over to Pam's at Without Fear and leave a comment so that we can come and read your thankful list.