1. The beautiful weather. I'm extremely thankful the weather has been just beautiful here this last month. While it's definitely fall, the days have been crisp with a nice warm sun. We've been able to go outside to play almost every single day, which if you have 6 preschoolers running around is imperitive. If you wanna know crazy, take 6 preschoolers, add a dash of bad weather, throw in a cup of too much candy from last night, and you have the makings of crazy. So I am very thankful for nice days.
2. Chaperones. I'm so thankful for people who step up and volunteer to chaperone a group of teenagers, which includes my three, enclosed in a large van for a 6 hour road trip to go to a youth conference. Without that the kids could not go. Thank you, Lord and bless these brave souls.
3. I am thankful for God's provision. After the shock of recieving this which heretofore will forever be known as the great surprise bill of 2007, I am very thankful for God's provision in our monthly finances. While we haven't the proverbial dropping of twelve hundred dollars out of the sky, our bills have been met for the month. Praise God!
4. I am thankful for the Lord using friends around us to encourage us. On a day when I totally needed some encouragement I get this in the mail from Ann (better known as Pastormac's Ann). It's a lovely hand made card with an encouraging scripture on it. An absolute treasure to me right now. She had in no way known that I would totally need this when she mailed it, but God did. And amazingly it got delivered on the perfect day. Thanks Ann! And thank you Lord!
5. I'm very thankful for the Word of God which never changes even though the circumstances around me might. It it solid and something that I can cling to and count on.
If you'd like to join in on some intentional thankfulness and praise, head on over to Without Fear and let Peach know in the comments so we can come and visit you.
**If you haven't yet entered the draw for the signed Amy Grant print, you can go here.**