I am soooo behind on memes that I have been tagged for I'm actually, gasp, going to do two posts today. If you're looking for Menu Plan Monday it's just below.
Melissa from des Leben der Lundquisten tagged me for a 8 random things about me meme. Seems easy enough so I'll start with this one. By the way, Melissa and her husband, Eric, are missionaries in Vienna, Austria. How cool is that. Her blog is full of wonderful tidbits of life over there and learning the language so that they can minister to the people there. Sometimes when we think of missionaries our minds always go to third world type of countries. But there are many countries around the world, even the "privilaged" ones, who have a form of religion but do not know Jesus as personal savior and friend. That is where Melissa and Eric minister.
So, on we go with 8 random things about me that I have never written before. Okay, this might not be as easy as I thought.
1. I'm a big chicken when it comes to scary movies. Especially ones with a spiritual overtone. They totally creep me out and affect me for months and sometimes years after. Two years after I watched "Sixth Sense", the hairs on my neck would still stand up once I turned off all the lights and had to walk down the hallway past the thermostat to get to my bedroom.
2. I wanted to be a physiotherapist when I was in high school. Didn't happen.
3. I'm a card person. Love to give them, love to get them.
4. I'm not sure why, but we're really into the "Smallville" season DVD's at my house right now. The concept of what it was like for Superman in highschool before he realizes he's Superman, and how Lex Luther became bad and how the meteors affect the townspeople who come into contact with it is quite fascinating to me. My kids on the other hand, find all the weirdo's that come out of the woodwork on each episode fascinating. So something for everyone. ;v)
5. I love candles. But will never buy another gel candle again. My hubby had bought me a lovely one in a goblet. I was burning it on the fireplace mantle while my friend and I had a movie night at my house. We went to make another pot of coffee in the kitchen and chatted there while it was brewing. Cue the smell of smoke. Went to the living room to find a 2 foot flame shooting out of the goblet. It's a miracle nothing caught fire. Since then I've heard this happens alot with gel candles.
6. This is my current fave. Moonlit Walk & Wandering Stream. Doesn't that just sound relaxing? The scent is lusciously refreshing and pleasant and totally not overwhelming and at less than $3 I can have them all over. No, this is not a product review. Just wanted to share my current fave.
7. I've always wanted to learn to play the piano. Maybe one day.
8. I'm trying not to freak out at the thought that my daughter will be leaving home in less than 9 months. That's less time than I carried her in my tummy. Where did the last 18 years go? You'll probably hear a lot more about the freak out in the months to come, 'cause I've just got to let it out somewhere. So be patient with me!
Well, how'd I do? Have I mentioned any of those before?
Now to tag. Okay. Let's go with some new blogging friends: Faith at Gold in the Clouds. Who also by the way in today's post is sharing how you can get a Free bible for Christmasinto the hands of a soldier on active duty. Now how cool is that? Wouldn't you love to see each and every soldier away from home have the comfort of God's Word for Christmas. And Rochelle at Dream Bigger. You're tagged.