Wednesday, October 03, 2007

WFMW-Backwards Edition


Today, the very creative Shannon at Rocks in my Dryer is having Backwards Day. Instead of sharing a tip that has worked for you, you'll throw out an issue or question that has stumped you.
So mine is fairly simple but hopefully you can help me. After trying mega scents and brands and spending a gazillion dollars on air fresheners, I still cannot find one that does not carry that chemical after scent with it. Does anyone know of a brand and/or scent of air freshner that doesn't smell like a chemical factory once it hangs out in the air for a minute?
And a second question, per yesterday's post: Does anyone know where to get $1, 148.41 really quick-like? ;v)
If you have a burning question, post it and link up over at Works For Me Wednesday. Hopefully you'll get lots of suggestions. Thanks again, Shannon, for hosting this.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I anxious to come back and read if anyone has a answer to your scent dilema. I too waste a lot of money trying to find a scent that works. About the huge bill. When I called the utility company because they underbilled us for gas for a couple years they put us on a monthly really low payment plan that is attached to my regular bill. Yikes I hope something can be worked out...

Beck said...

I keep these in a candle burner all day:
http://www.yankeecandle.com/cgi-bin/ycbvp/product_detail.jsp?oid=20478
Whoa, they smell GREAT!

Laura said...

Body Shop Oils....specifically Satsuma!! My favorite. I just put a few drops in the plug in device (what the heck is it called?) and it smells up my house beautifully. People are always commenting on it. Try it out and let me know what you think!!

Barb said...

Two suggestions. You know I'm a huge Yankee Candle fan but I recently discovered the new Febreze candles and they're really great.

And I also recently discovered concentrated fragrance spray for the home at Bath & Body Works. My favorite is Japanese Cherry Blossom but they have several choices.

Can't help you on that awful utility bill bomb, but I would if I could. I can say a prayer for you though, that the means for handling it will show up.. You can count on it.

heidi @ ggip said...

I use candles too, not usually air freshener.

Totallyscrappy said...

Don't suppose baking cookies everyday is an option? :)

gail@more than a song said...

I was hoping someone would have told you where the money is!

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

Febreze makes an air freshener now- not just the spray for fabric. They are my favorite. Sometimes if you will go with a scent like "linen" or "rain", something fresh not so floral, the after scent is not there. Let us know what you find!