Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursday Thanks Tank Sept. 27, 2007


Today is one of those days when I am glad that I started doing the Thursday Thanks Tank. As the banner says it's to fill up my "tank" with thanks. Looking at those things for which we can be thankful changes our perspective and how we approach things and it sets our focus to a great big God who is at work in our lives whether we realize it or not.
For whatever reasons, allowing myself to get overtired, allowing myself to cross the line from being frustrated to being angry and then wading into the muck of a pity party and guilt corner, I woke up feeling blah and down. So onward to fill my tank:
~I'm thankful for Thursday Thanks so that I can get my focus back and get my eyes back on Jesus.
~I'm thankful every single day for God's forgiveness purchased for me by the death of my Saviour, Jesus, on the cross. Every day I count on it. I can't live without it.
~I'm thankful for the Holy Spirit who convicts me and doesn't just leave me there, but then gives me the abiltiy to take that being sorry and turn it to repentance.
~I'm thankful for God's word which a light unto my path.
~I'm thankful for God's provision in my life.
Thursday Thanks Tank was started by Without Fear.

9 comments:

GiBee said...

I am so thankful for both!!!

And -- I love your new look... love, love, love it!!!!

Jen said...

I love your Thankful Thursdays....

Jenileigh said...

Great Thursday Thanks Tank! {{{hugs}}}

Barb said...

That is EXACTLY how I've been feeling for a couple of days. And I agree with you, it probably stems from getting overtired. I could have written this post, especially your list. It describes perfectly how I feel right now, too.

Shalee said...

I'm thankful that I have good friends who remind me what it's all about!

Beck said...

Wonderful things to be thankful for, Susanne - and your blog looks FANTASTIC!
(and I know EXACTLY how you feel. Maybe it's the weather.)

Unknown said...

Oh the muck of the pity party isn't such a good place to be, is it? I'm glad you choose to pull yourself out of it.

gail@more than a song said...

I like your list! Finding things to be thankful for does change our perspective, thanks for the reminder!

Heather Smith said...

Your Thursday Thanks Tank reminds me of the message I heard at revival last night. Sometimes it's easy to get weary in well doing. But refocusing is just what we need, refocusing on all God has done for us and all He will continue to do for us! He's such an awesome God and very worthy of all our praise.