The last couple of days a couple of my dearest blogging friends have given to me a most precious gift. One which said that to them I have in some small way encouraged them or reflected a Godly example. To say I am humbled would not even begin to describe it. When I started my blog I wanted to make sure that the Lord was the centre of it, even in the midst of fun and friendship and sharing. So to actually be told told that I have in some way done that, I am really, really honored and grateful. And I am humbled especially when it came from Carol (She Lives), who always sets a Godly example for me in her obvious love of God and boldness to speak truth. She is a mighty encouragement to me in the way she sometimes takes hard topics and boldly applies the Word of God to them. And from Barb (A Chelsea Morning), who has become a dear friend, and always encourages me and spurs me on to show my love of God by loving my family and ministering to them in our home . Her example to me in this area has been phenomenal. She always tries to help me out when I'm stuck on something and I look forward to "chatting" with her everyday and really miss it when we can't.
I was also really blessed to read how this award started. Take a minute and click on the button and go read it. From the 16 year old young lady's site who started this award: "As for my award, it is called The Blogger Reflection Award. Why? The reason for the title is because this award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy... of knowing them and being blessed by them."
"This award is for the best-of-the-best so consider who you pick, carefully. This award should not be given to just anyone. If you're going to do the award don't just write a few words and slap it on your blog. Write real thoughts about these bloggers and what they've been to you, and if the bloggers you pick have already been given the award, don't be afraid to give to them again. They deserve it as many times as it's given."
My only struggle with giving this award out is how do I narrow it down to just five? Everyone I read has touched me in some way at some time in this last year. So other than Barb and Carol who would have for sure been on the the list, I'm going to do this be naming five ladies who I really feel the Lord has placed in my life for a specific reason in this last year (of course, in no particular order):
1. Katherine ~ Raising Five. Katherine has been an absolute blessing to me. We started blogging together right about the same time and became blogging buddies. Katherine is an incredible mom and her stories of her family have really touched me. She is very strong in the Word of God and her desire to be a good wife and mother are an absolute encouragement. I love Katherine because she'll admit her mistakes and then give us a great teaching out of it. She's kinda humble that way. It takes a big person to tell all of blogville when they blow it and Katherine does it with humility and grace and then shows us what she learned from it. Katherine and I email, too, and it's a blessing to know I have a friend that I can be real with in the sometimes crazy, unsure time of life that is raising kids, especially when teen years hit. I know I can always hash things out with her and she will always give me her honest, true opinion.
2. Momrn2 ~ My Quiet Corner. I was commenting at Momrn2's Quiet Corner before I ever had a blog of my own. Her daily walk with the Lord and her love of God and faith in Him even through a year of uncertainity and struggle, fear and questions has been an inspiration and example to me. She has never given up hope and has always had an open heart for God to show her what He wants. I want to be just like her in my heart attitude.
3. Shalee ~ Shalee's Diner. Shalee has been my friend from before I started blogging. When I found blogs, Shalee's was one of the first ones I ever read. When I think of Shalee I think of someone who is so full of the joy of the Lord it just spills over to everyone she touches. She's always been my encourager, always understanding while at the same time lifting me out of whatever pity party I might have wanted to dwell in. Her heart is always turned towards God, and if the Lord convicts her she is immediately repentant and not afraid to say so. With Shalee, what you see is what you get. And that is someone who is walking out their faith and love of God's ways in her everdyday life with the joy of the Lord.
4. Linda ~ 2nd Cup of Coffee. Linda has become a very dear friend in the last months and we email often. Linda and I share a lot in common. We've got children approximately the same age and like a lot of the same things. Linda reflects the Lord to me by her great love for youth and because she lets me show my flaws with her. She always has a listening ear but will always, always point me to the Lord. I am always able to be myself around Linda and that is more precious than gold. I also really love how bottom line, no matter what, whatever it takes laying down or picking up, Linda just wants the will of God for her life. In big things and small. And that is the kind of person to rub shoulders with!
5. Christine ~ Fruit in Season. I don't know Christine very well but have been popping by her site in the last while. The reason I'm putting Christine here is because she is a reflection of the Lord to me in her strong heart's desire to honor her husband. From her posts on Marriage Mondays to her 30 Day Honor Your Husband Challenge, she has brought wisdom, encouragement and integrity in teaching and encouraging women to purposefully find ways to build up and honor the man that God has given to them. If you have not been reading Christine's marriage posts you are missing out on a real blessing.
I find it very hard to quite here. Like I said you have all touched me in some way this year. I thank the Lord for everyone of you.
Now for the five above here are the rules and please click on the button for the full explanation of the award & to pick your choice of award button and it's code.
Rules of participating:
1. Copy this post.
2. Replace [my bloggers with yours] & Reflect on five bloggers and write a least a paragraph about each one.
3. Make sure you link this post so others can read it and the rules.
4. Go leave your chosen bloggers a comment and let them know they've been given the award. 5. Put the award icon on your site
P.S. I have no idea why but blogger will not let me into the "edit Html" button so that I can put some spaces between the paragraphs. Why it all of a sudden decided that I didn't need paragraphs right smack in the middle of my post is beyond me. Sorry for the long run of paragraphing.