Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Anniversary Date

Thank you, everyone, for the lovely Anniversary wishes.


We had a lovely dinner in the fancy schmancy restaurant, Ric's Grill. Hubby had a honkin' big steak and I had Mediterrean chicken which was very yummy. We so rarely go to fancy restaurants that when I get there I have a very hard time making up my mind. Not hubby. He's all he-man about his decision. Steak all the way. All he had to decide was which one and if and what kind of sauce he wanted on it. Seeing they had no liver and onions like at Ricky's, I had a big decision to make. I finally narrowed it down to the Mediterrean chicken or the almond crusted salmon with lemon and leek sauce. And we actually had appetizer's, friends, appetizers. I can't remember the last time we ordered appetizers unless we were ordering the appetizer as the meal, such as ribs or nachos. Mine was to die for. Mushroom caps stuffed with cream cheese, shrimp, dungee crab, parmesan and green onions. My mouth is watering all over again.





It was a perfect evening; mouth-watering food, in a restaurant high above the city with views that fed your eyes, the company of a handsome fella who was showering compliments upon me. Heaven I tell you. And oh, the throbbing. And while I can say my heart was going pitter patter for the wonderful man across the table from me, the throbbing was coming not from my heart, but my big toe. The BIG throbbing of my big toe. Amidst the whispering of sweet anninversary nothings, my big toe was screaming.



For some reason when I was getting ready to go to fancy schmancy restaurant, the dresser drawer decided it wanted to be free, and when I pulled it open for a sweater, it jumped out and landed smack on my toe. Can I say OUCH! So here I was all gussied up, and I couldn't get my shoe on. I had to wear the strappiest sandals I had which totally did not match what I was wearing and it still hurt. And it made me walk very slooooowly and hobble funny 'cause it hurt to have heels. And they weren't big heels. And all I wanted was to be wearing these:

Wouldn't I have been s*xy? Especially in the funky chartreuse green color that I have? Ya, hot stuff, I am!



So for dessert, I had a couple of tylenol 3's. Thank God, I had some left over from my backache. And when I took my nail polish off to take a peek before bed last night here's the cute toe I saw. No that is not a different color nail polish. That is the lovely shade of my screaming toe. That color really needs to have a name given to it, don't you think? Blue Love or Heart to Toe Throb or Evening Dresser Dusk or something.



.

19 comments:

Laura said...

That looks soooo painful!!! You poor thing, I think you must go right to bed with a really good book and be catered to for a least the next 48 hours! Definately!!

Laura

Susanne said...

Oh, Laura. I think you're missing your calling. Forget organizing. You should be a doctor with great prescriptions like that!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! You are crackin me up. Uhh but I'm really sorry about your toe. Ouch! I see a new polish color coming on...smashed toe, a lovely shade of bruise. I want your appetizer!

Anonymous said...

Ouch! I'm so sorry for your pain -- but that was so cutely written about the throbbing. :) Hope the toe feels better soon -- looks like it hurts lots.

Lori said...

Ouch!!! Put thoes feet up and relax girl =))

Jennifer said...

ouch! I'm glad you had a great time, but sorry you got hurt in the process. :-)

Anonymous said...

Yikers - how about crashin' cobalt for a color!

Loved your post!

Doris said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful dinner date. Hope your toe stops hurting soon!

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Hee Hee love the color names, but so sorry about the soar toe!!! What a bummer on such a special night!

Happy Anniversary!!!

Linda said...

Ouch Susanne!! My big toe is in the process of growing back in (not cute I can tell you). I don't even know how I did it. I think my shoe rubbed it the wrong way - I got a blister underneath the nail - and voila - the nail detached. It seems to take forever to grow back in.
But enough about my toe nail - it sounds like you had a wonderful dinner. That's great!!

Kelli said...

How about Ow! Icky! Yuck!

Anonymous said...

pleased you had a nice dinner date
apart from your toe
which I pray gets better soon

Beck said...

Your poor toe! You poor thing!
You guys were SUCH a lovely couple. I don't think I commented yesterday but I did read your post and "aw"-d over your very youthful wedding pictures.

Sandra said...

OUCH Susanne that looks painful.

I had to laugh though cause when you said it's not a different color nail polish, that was exactly my thought at first seeing the pic..."now why did susanne paint her big toe a different color?"LOL

Hope you feel better soon.

♥Sandra

PastormacsAnn said...

Ouch!

So glad that it didn't spoil your lovely evening together.

Unknown said...

This is SO funny! Sounds like a great night. I know what you mean about just feeling special because you are going all out and ordering appetizers.

I loved the wedding pic in the post below, too.

Lisa Spence said...

You know, I have the utmost respect for the blogger who would post a picture of her foot on her blog. Talk about being open and transparent and "just keeping it real!"

Hoping for a quick recovery...

Shawna said...

I LOVE those shoes!!!

I am so sorry about your toe. It looks so incredibly painful. I have broken toes on many occasions. The pain is nauseating. Praying yours is much better very soon, Friend.

Anonymous said...

YEOW!! That hurts just to look at! What exactly did the doctor do?