Annie from My Life as Annie tagged me for this Eating Out Meme. I think she wants to see if we eat any weird things here up in Canada. While I personally don't go for fried beaver tails or Moose stew, I can't speak for the rest of us northerners. :vD
I do like to eat out though. So here are the rules.
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Include the state/province and country you're in.
3. List your top 5 favorite places to eat locally where you are.
4. Tag 5 other people and let them know they've been tagged.
Doing this I realized we don't really eat out anywhere fancy schmancy very often. But that's okay. I like don't like paying the fancy schmancy prices either. So I never listed any of the fast food stuff because after all, this is a meme about favorite places to eat. No necessarily where you are forced to eat due to budgets. :vD In no particular order here we go for Alberta, Canada (sorry but I can't name the particular city due to a promise):
1. Ricky's. I love this restaurant. The food is wonderful and they make the best liver and onions in town. Okay, I realize that might be weird to some of you, this paying good money for liver, but that is more a Hungarian thing than a Canadian thing. You can blame my dad for cultivating this taste in me. :vD They also make this yummy Caribbean spiced, coconut encrusted pork chops that I couldn't find on their website so maybe it's just a local feature, but it is amazing.
2. Ric's Grill. We've only eaten here a couple times because it's more on the expensive end. Hard to take a family of five although their lunch menus are pretty reasonable for the type of restaurant it is. This restaurant is totally unique. It is in the top of the city's old water tower. So you have a panoramic view way above the city. So the resteraunt is not one big room but goes around the edge of the water tower. Every table has a view. Beautiful.
3. Smitty's. Once in a blue moon we treat ourselves to a breakfast out and this is where we go. They're breakfast menu is mouth watering.
4. New Dynasty. This is our restaurant of choice if we want to go out for chinese food. They do a wonderful Sunday brunch of yummy chinese food but my favorite is their classic dinners rather than the everyday dinner combos. It's weird but my city seems to have the best chinese food anywhere we've ever tried to eat chinese food. Nothing seems to compare or even come close to the type and flavor and quality of the chinese food we get here. Now I'm talking about the usual westernized kind of chinese food. I'm not talking about the "real" chinese food that you get in china town that includes stuff like the chicken feet and stuff like that.
5. botaniCa. These guys make the best Ceasar salad, bar none. And the best Monte Cristo sandwiches I've ever eaten anywhere. It's beautifully decorated in a garden theme with huge windows that let in the sun and make you feel like you're having lunch at a garden party.
Now to tag 5 people. I'm going to try to go around the world here. Now Sarah's already done this but if you want to read her's she lives in the UK. So I'll tag Jen from New Zealand, Melissa from Vienna, Austria, Kathy from PEI ('cause she's on the other end of the country from me), Tammy from the U.S. (because she commented at Sarah's that this was a fun tag and well that's just begging to be tagged in my books! :vD), and Jane who lives in Spain.