Sunday, October 22, 2006

Prayer for Canon's Family


Today for the Faith Builders Meme we are going to be joining together in prayer for the family of Canon, who passed on to be with Jesus this weekend. I encourage you to join us in prayer for this hurting family. I cannot even imagine what they must be going through as they face this week and their lives without their little boy and brother. Let's join together to lift them before the Lord. If you'd like to write out a prayer at your site and then link on at Faith Builders with the button above, so they can see the support of the blogging community for them.

Father, I come before you in the name of Jesus, to stand in the gap for our hurting family. Father, I pray that you would be with them, that you would wrap you arms around them and be a fortress for them. We know little Canon is in heaven with you totally free of pain or sickness but it's so hard for the one's left behind. I pray that they would feel your comfort, your compassion, your peace and your heart for them. I pray that through the hard days ahead and the days to come after that they would keep their hearts soft towards you and they would trust in your plans for them. May they have others stay rallied around them after this week and may they feel your love for them through the ministering of your people. In Jesus name, we ask.

4 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I add my amens and prayers. Many people they do not know will lift them up. Our hearts break for them. I esp. pray for God to keep their hearts soft toward Him.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Amen.

Beck said...

That makes my heart hurt. It's just the saddest thing. What a beautiful prayer for his family.

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

beautiful prayer Susan.