Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Great 2006 Commenting Dilemma


Oh, the frustration. Oh, the madness. Bloggers can't comment on Beta Blogger sites. Beta Bloggers can't comment on Blogger's sites. You'da thunk they would've worked all this out before they got people switching.

Aahh, but thanks to Dee at All the While..., who left a comment anonymously with me and then identifyed herself, has shown us a way around it. You can comment both ways I believe, either anonymously or as I have done, check "other" and then I put in my name. This does work unless the person whose post you're trying to comment on will not allow anonymous comments. If you do choose "other", it will show your name but will not link to your site or show your little profile pic, is the only problem.

So thanks Dee. Your little "anonymous" comment is gonna make blogland happy, happy, happy!

9 comments:

Tammy said...

I was having such a hard time commenting on one of my friend's blogs with beta...for some reason, it wouldn't let me even be anonymous! But finally I got it...after the 15th try or something!

Hope they get the kinks out soon!

Diane Viere said...

Couldn't agree with you more--you think they would have worked this glitch (kink) out before switching people. Not being able to comment is a huge downside to switching.

For now, I remain a blogger..not a beta-blogger. Too afraid to go into my template to make the switch. I tremble everytime I add a new link to my template--afraid it's gonna shut down all of blog-dom!

Diane

Anonymous said...

I figured this out the other day, then discovered that many of my friends don't allow anonymous comments! I'm like you, I use the "Other" option so I can leave my name and my link. Thanks for getting the word out!

Susie said...

Blogger Beta? I am still trying to figure out how to put links in the sidebar. Help!!!

Anonymous said...

I KNOW! I KNOW! I KNOW! FRUSTRATING!

I have found posting as "other" works, but others can't see my wonderful pic. HA!

Will Blogger ever cooperate????

Girl Raised in the South said...

Great tip, although I still dont get the beta thing. Why change. Anybody out there know and can tell the rest of us?

Anonymous said...

Glad to be of assistance... but I must say - I hope Blogger fixes this SOON!!! Many blogs don't allow for anonymous comments (not sure if they allow "other" or not - but I am sorry that I ever clicked that little tempting link that said - Upgrade to Beta Blogger!!!!! :(

Shawna said...

Thanks for the info. Thanks also to Dee. Once again, you have provided a much needed service, Susanne! :0)

Overwhelmed! said...

Well, I hope they get this commenting snaffo sorted out soon! Until then, I'll keep this tip in mind.