Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Do You Have Kids or Know Someone Who Does? Read On!

Lauren from Created For HIS Glory has introduced us to a lovely lady named
Loni of Joy in the Morning. Loni has told the story of her son Matthew here in a beautiful memorial page. If you have children please link onto these sites and read Matthew and Loni's story. It is a head's up for parent's to be aware of something that is going on amongst young people today.

Thank you Loni, for sharing your story so that parents may be aware. And thanks Lauren, for passing on Loni's story. When I first read it on your site at the beginning of the year, I too had a talk with my children. Please read to become knowledgeable and aware and tell your friends with children.

5 comments:

Donnetta said...

We have family friends who found their 11 year old in his closet. Suicide attempt or choking game?? Thankfully he survived (after time on life support and a lot of unknown moments) but will forever have damage due to the lack of oxygen.

My heart wrenched into knots when I read this as the memories of sitting at the hospital with these friends came flooding back...

Carol said...

It's absolutely gut-wrenching, isn't it? We get past the fear of them choking on grapes or something they picked up off the floor, only to face this sort of thing?

On a happier note...Thank you for stopping by She Lives today. Your comment was very encouraging.

Heather Smith said...

I read this story a while back too. It breaks my heart. So many kids are looking for acceptance with their peers that they pull stunts like this. So sad. I don't have kids, but I help with the youth at my church. I'm trying to instill in them that they need to follow Christ, not the world!

Kari said...

It scares me to see how much our children today think they are so invincible. I agree with Carol... we worried so much about what they could choke and never imagined they would be drawn to such a deadly game of chance... thanks for promoting the awareness!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking to Loni's site. I really think it's important to let parents know about this so called game.