Hi everyone! Hope it's been a wonderful week of love for everyone. This world can use a whole lot more love and I like to think that Valentine's remind us to not just have a romantic love but a love that cares about each person we come into contact with knowing that we are all human beings in need of kindness and love and grace. So what were your blessings that made you feel loved or happy or encouraged from this last week? Join in and share 5 of your favorites with us.
1. Valentines cards. I've always loved cards, ever since I can remember. I've loved giving them and I love receiving them. Sometimes they just say in print what I can't articulate in words out loud. Hubby and I shared cards this valentines as usual but what really struck me was that in spite of being two entirely different cards, we both chose cards that basically said the same thing. It was really cool being on the same page with the sentiment we wanted to express this year to each other.
2. Working out with a friend. I usually like going to the gym but not gonna lie, some days it is just plain hard for whatever reason. It's so nice to have a friend there sharing the same pain, so to speak. Though we don't talk alot because we are after all supposed to be working hard, just her presence working alongside me is encouraging. And sharing a laugh or two in the midst of the work makes it fun. So thankful that I have a workout buddy to share that time with at least once a week.
3. Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. This was on tv two nights this week. I love watching this show. It's been going for 141 years! The first show was in 1877. Wow. The dogs always make me smile with their cute expressions and reactions and I find the descriptions of the breeds interesting. It's a relaxing, fun watch for me. My favorite this year was a dog new to Westminter Kennel Club. The Hungarian Pumi stole my heart. I mean, look at those ears. Too adorable. I now want one.
4. Lotion. I can be kinda fickle with my lotion scents. Sometime I love a scent when I first get it and then about 1/3 of the way through the bottle I'm done with it. Good thing Bath and Body Works has old favorites as well as ever changing seasonal scents. I'm kinda really liking this scent right now.
5. Bernard Callebaut Chocolates. I would be remiss not to mention that Hubby got me my fave chocolates for valentine's day. He usually buys me the big chocolate heart that is filled with one of all their flavors but this year I asked him not to get me that. It's a lot of chocolate and though I love it I am really trying to not eat so much sweets. So instead he got me a smaller box of my favorite type of Bernard flavors which is the creme fraiche ones and the caramels. So yummy.
What were your favorite blessings this week?