1. Celebrating my hubby. It was birthday time for Hubby this week so Sunday we took him for a yummy dinner of his choice which was Tony Roma's for some melt in your mouth ribs and steak. Then we just let him do whatever he wanted for the afternoon. The kids from out of town called him on his actual day and sent cards and gifts. It was really nice to honor the good man who leads our little family.
2. Good laughs with friends. I'm very thankful to have a couple of friends who I can really have some good laughs with. I so appreciate that. Sometimes life is so hard and serious that to just spend a half hour with these friends and just be able to let loose with some good laughter is good for the soul and a real stress release. Very thankful for friends like that.
3. Good discussions. We've been having some really good discussions at our ladies study. My group is a wonderful bunch of ladies who come from all sorts of walks of life, are at all sorts of stages of life, and different levels of Christian maturity. Add to that that they are all willing to participate and share their ideas and thoughts because we feel safe with each other and some really good discussion always happens. I really like this. It grows me as a study leader and it's lots of fun and I learn lots from these amazing ladies.
4. Candle scents. Bath and Body had a great sale on their candles yesterday so I splurged on a couple. There were so many great new scents but I came home with Fresh Balsalm, my hubby's choice, and Hot Cocoa and Cream which was my choice.
5. Cooking accomplishment by my two who don't live at home. My oldest girl made her favorite Hungarian dish all by herself this week, Paprikash Chicken and Nokedli (tiny dumplings). It's the first times she's given it a try and from all reports it was quite successful. And my son made cabbage rolls for him and his roommates. And again reports were it was delicious. So proud of them for trying to cook well for themselves. I just wish I could have tried the dishes for myself. Maybe I can talk them into cooking while they are here for holidays?!
What were your favorite blessings this week?