Hi everyone! Welcome to a gorgeous fall friday. Time to look back through the week and find our 5 favorite blessings. Please join us.
1. Warm days. We have had a lovely few days in a row of fall weather. Breezes, not howling winds, warm enough to just wear a sweater or hoodie, mix of cloud and sun. The trees in the backyard turned a gorgeous gold and with the gusts of breeze they have been flying. The kids love it. Lots of fun times jumping in and running through the piles.
2. Gentle fall rains. We've had a bit of rain in the night over the last couple days too. I love the smell of the rain on the leaves and in the fall air. So fresh and nice. No candle or wax melt scent even comes close.
3. Turkey soup. I was waiting for the perfect fall day to make a big pot of turkey soup from the turkey carcass I froze from Thanksgiving. Yesterday was the day! I'm a soup girl from way back, eating my mom's soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner until it was gone. Paired with harvati/jalapeno grilled cheese sandwiches it was an easy, quick and yummy fall dinner!
4. Phone calls from my friend. She moved last year and I haven't seen her since. Then she had to take a job where we just had a hard time connecting our available times. But this week she starts a new job where we can once again find it easier to find corresponding times and I got a call from her today. It was so nice to talk once again for an extended time instead of the short snatches we were doing before.
5. Date night with hubby. Using a gift card he had gotten from the kids for Father's Day we got to go have a wonderful steak dinner, just the two of us. Lately we've always been going out with other couples, and while I really, really love that, it was really nice that it was just the two of us this time. The steaks were perfect and we had a lovely time! Bonus was having most of the meal already paid for! Thanks kids!
What were your favorite blessings from the week?