Welcome to the Friday's Fave Five! We are looking back over the week to take notice of those things that are good and a blessing to our lives. Honing our radars to note the good things so that we can be uplifted when the stresses of life comes, making gratefulness an automatic response. Please in join with us.
1. Maintenance week. This is the week where I'm closed for business but I am a busy beaver deep cleaning, sorting and purging all things that pertain to my childcare business. While I don't necessarily enjoy the process, I do love the result. Nothing like fresh, clean carpets & furniture, toys that are purged of broken & ripped parts and wholes, scrubbed clean of what little hands transfer around, fresh smelling areas to play and learn. Lots of work but worth the results.
2. Sleeping in on work days. With the maintenance week also comes the opportunity to have an extra hour or so of sleep each morning even though I still have full work days in front of me. Oh if only that could be my everyday reality, but I'll take whatever mornings I can get and have been grateful for them this week.
3. All my kids home on the weekend. Now that they are all adults, one of whom is now married, it is getting rarer that we get holiday times together. We didn't have an extended holiday all together this year but we did have everyone here for various reasons this last weekend and so Sunday we took advantage of the opportunity go to our happy place at Waterton Lakes National Park. Even though it was super busy we got our traditional favorite picnic spot, had our traditional fire roasted hot dogs and marshmallows, went for coffee and ice cream, some of us took in a hike to Bear's hump and some of just relaxed and enjoyed the opportunity to do nothing. It was a perfectly beautiful day. We were only missing our new family member, our son in law, but maybe next time he can come too. So grateful for these opportunities!
Family pic (sans Mitch) Waterton 2016
the creek that runs right beside our fave picnic spot
we even had a visit from this little family who pondered why we were all
cooking hotdogs in the middle of their path to the creek
4. Great deals. I always love me a great deal and I hate to pay full price for practically anything. I've had my sights on one of those big barbie houses for years for the dayhome. They are so expensive and even used ones are usually listed at over 70 dollars. This last week I was taking a gander through kijiji and scrolled back quite a few pages and lo and behold someone was selling one in excellent condition for $40. With the furniture included. I couldn't believe no one had scooped it up. Happy danced in my imagination all the way from purchasing it.
5. Movie night out with my sis. We haven't done that in a long time. It was nice just to spend some time out with her enjoying a good movie.
What were you're favorite blessing from this last week?