Hi everyone. I can't believe it's already been a whole week since the last FFF. It has just zipped by and I meant to do all these lovely posts but here I go again with back to back FFF post. Oh well, such is life. Please join in with us as we look back over the last week and take note of the blessings in our lives and then share 5 of them.
1. Road trip! Last weekend we did a little road trip to see our daughter and her new husband in Saskatchewan. They were having a little wedding potluck with their friends and church family and we really wanted to be there. I always enjoy getting away and even though it is a long drive, about 6 1/2, 7 hours, sometimes more if you're driving with a certain someone who will stop several times along the way for various reasons. I enjoy the easy going company of spending time on the road with my hubby. We share the driving so it's not too terribly bad. We make Starbucks stops and before ya know it (not really) we are there.
2. The potluck. It was a wonderful time meeting so many of the "kid's" church family and friends. But what really warmed my heart was seeing all the love and support these 2 have. They were so worried there were going to be hardly anybody there but so many came out. And gosh, I was so busy enjoy the moment I didn't take one single solitary picture at the actual potluck. Bad blogger, me.
3. Gift opening. I enjoy watching others get blessed at gift openings whether birthday, baby showers, weddings, whatever. And the newlyweds indulged me by letting me watch them opening their gifts afterwards. At the wedding here, most gave them cash as they were registered at a chain store that was not yet open here and people realized they'd have to get items home somehow. So all that to say I didn't get to see a gift opening. And that they indulged me was a real blessing because they had limited time. This was the only pic I took all weekend and goodness the lighting is bad but here ya go.
4. Free upgrades. I booked a room with a king bed in a hotel downtown which was really close to the newlywed's home. And we got a free upgrade to a king suite! It had so much room! So much nicer than a cramped little room. Even though we don't spend a whole lot of time in the room, hubby is an early to rise, early to bed guy and I am the night owl opposite. So it was really nice to have have a couch, desk and a bit of distance from the bed so that whoever was up could read or whatever without really disrupting the other. And did I mention the upgrade was FREE?! Definitely thankful for that gift!
5. Yummy dinner experiment. The other night I was feeling adventurous and the polenta bar in the cupboard was calling my name. So I thought I would try a "make it up as I go" version of a dinner I had in a restaurant once. And this was what I came up with: Italian seasoned baked chicken breasts with polenta and tomato sauce and sugar snap peas pan fried in tuscan olive oil. Oh my, my. So good, definitely going in the favourites file and it may just be a company coming over dish too! I love playing with cooking and actually having it turn out and turn out really good!
What were your 5 favourite blessings from your last week?