Friday, February 05, 2016
Friday's Fave Five #364
Welcome to the first of February's Friday's Fave Five. Another month to take our Friday to pause and reflect on the good things that God daily sends into our lives to bless us and uplift us. Join us in sharing our five favourites of the past week.
1. The gift of friendship. I so appreciate my dear friend. We haven't known each other more than 5 years but in that time we have developed an extremely close bond. Unfortunately, last year their family moved to another province. Though I miss her terribly, there is always the phone and I appreciate her listening ear. I sure needed it this week. As always I hung up in a much better head space after talking with her.
2. Smooth mornings. I am so not a morning person so when I have a super smooth morning I am always very appreciative of it. And by super smooth I mean no one talks to me until I've had my first coffee. I need peace and quiet until that is accomplished. No noise, no voices, no music blaring. Then the next step is there are no hiccups, no stresses or major events that put me behind in getting ready for work. Yay for a couple of mornings like that this week.
3. Yummy salad made up on the spot. Saturday I was trying to throw something together for supper for the two of us. Peering into the fridge it was slim pickins'. But this is what I came up with: Very thin sliced red cabbage, yellow pepper, fresh cilantro, black beans and lime italian dressing. Was it it ever good. Went perfect with the jalapeno peppers and chicken that we had.
4. Easy peasy reads. Sometimes you just need a book that lets you escape without having to think too much. This week I definitely needed one of those and my review book for this month totally fit the bill. Romantic suspense that just let me wind down.
5. American Idol. Been really enjoying this last season of a show I've been watching since season 1. I think this year it's been produced and edited really well. And I love how it's really focused on the positive and the talent and not so much on the weird auditions. I am going to miss this show.
Well that wraps up my five for the week. What were your favourites for the week?