Friday, November 13, 2015
Friday's Fave Five #354
Welcome to another edition of Friday's Fave Five. Join on in as we share 5 of our favourite blessings from the past week, big or small.
1. Day off right smack in the middle of the week. I'll take a day off anytime but Remembrance Day fell right into the middle of the work week and it broke up the week just perfectly. It was a lazy day for sure, sitting around in jammies, drinking coffee, reading. Then hubby and I worked on his facebook page for the business he is starting and then I went Operation Christmas Child shoebox gift shopping. I didn't even cook supper!
2. A little detour. I kinda sorta took a little detour to Winner's when going shopping for my OCC gift boxes. And I found me a cute dress for the winter/Christmas season at a decent price. I don't wear a whole lot of dresses but was in need of a wintery type one so I didn't want to spend a lot of money and this is one I really like. I can make it fancier with the right jewelry and heels or dress it down a bit with thicker tights and ankle boots. Glad I took the detour.
3. Shopping for OCC is always one of my favourite things to do in a year. I've done it since the '90's and involved my kids with it when they were little. It was always a special Sunday afternoon event to go and fill their very own boxes with their ideas for gifts to send. I still enjoy it though now I do it on my own. I take my coffee and just enjoy the process. This is what kicks off the Christmas season for me.
4. My daughter landed a FT job this week. What a blessing this was. She's been looking for awhile and it came at a good time as Christmas season is starting. I think this will be a really great fit for her and I'm excited for the possibilities for her. At the very least it will get her feet wet in the design and decor industry to see if she wants to pursue that for a degree.
5. Caramel Brulee lattes are back for the Christmas season at Starbucks. My very favourite of all their drinks. Though I rarely have sweets anymore it's nice to get a few of these in the season. And I always get the Grande size with only 2 pumps as opposed to the 4 they usually come with (trying to eventually make it 1) so I don't feel too terribly bad about enjoying one here and there.
What were your favourite blessings this week?