Good morning everyone! It's an absolutely gorgeous couple of days here! Today is supposed to reach 28*C, that would be a smokin' 82.4*F! We are right smack dab in the middle of what they call Indian Summer. We don't quite know how to dress because the mornings are still cold. The other day when I got up it was in only about 7*C which is about the mid '40's F. Lots of layering we can peel off I guess is the fashion of Southern Alberta right now. But on to the recording of our favourite blessings of the week!
1. Show home tour with my dear friend. It's our tradition! Every September we block off the Sunday afternoon, grab a Starbucks and hit up the "Parade of Homes". We've been doing it for years and both of us loves it. We have so many laughs. We always start with the fancy dancy ones and have lots of fun imagining ourselves in these along with a maid that would clean the huge things. The great big things that are waaaay beyond us. There was actually a 4000 sq. foot home this year, here in little ol' Southern Alberta. But my very favourite was the one that had this in a hall by it's front door!
Oh my goodness!! Can you imagine this as a hall between the front and garage/house entry door? Be still my heart. But that's not all. See those little legs dangling in the middle right of the photo? Well that was by the garage entry and it was this...
Be still my heart! Its a dog wash! It must be fate...this home was designed for me! Now all I need is a job that will support the 900,000 dollar price tag!
2. Warm days, cool nights. As mentioned above, it's been a lovely week of weather here. And we've enjoyed going outside and playing in this lovely warmth. Last week was windy and colder and rainy but this week was fall perfection.
3. Fiction books that also teach something in the midst of their stories. A couple months ago I read Still Alice by Lisa Genova and reviewed it here. I learned so much about alzheimer's disease. I'm now reading another by this author and again learning lots. A review will come soon.
4. A great massage. I do not take these for granted. They really help my tight shoulder blades so it's a "need" type massage rather than just a relax one but I still get the benefits of being relaxed as those darn knots are worked out! And I am blessed to have a lady who really knows what she's doing!
5. The weekend coming up is on my fave list because there is more fun stuff going on in the city, it's supposed to be lovely so I feel a bike ride on the list and lots of relaxing and reading time!
Bonus Fave: We had to make a quick trip to Calgary for business. We were in a neighborhood called Inglewood. I'd never explored this neighborhood before. It's an older section close to downtown that looks like it's becoming a popular place to buy new condos in. What a cool business area they had with lots of local, cool little shops and wonderful restaurants. We ate at another on our list of You Gotta Eat Here restaurants. The Fine Diner was fine, for sure. A very small intimate little restaurant with friendly staff and great food. We had a featured item on the show, Spicy Meatball Subs and it was soooo good!
And a bonus picture just for Willow , Sandra and all you knitters and crocheters out there. We saw this in front of cute little yarn shop called Stash.
What are your favourites this week?