Well I cannot believe it is the last FFF of August, which essentially for me is the last FFF of the summer. I know that summer technically goes until September 21 but for all intents and purposes the end of August is the end of summer for me. Everything changes. Kids go back to school, the easy, laid back days are over and the Dayhome takes on more of a purposeful, organized feeling about it, the nights are already cooler and getting dark so fast. Activities start to pick up once again. This is a perfect time to look for the blessings in this last week of summer ease. Please join us. Newcomers can link in the sidebar for the guidelines.
1. Coffee Jelly. Yes, you read that right. Who knew there was such a wonderous thing? My sis surprised me with some for taking care of her fur babies while she was on holidays in the Okanagan.Okanagan They sure have all sorts of delicious stuff there and this Summerland Sweets company has some really unique flavored jams and jellies and syrups. I'm thinking this is going to be really yummy in some thimble cookies at Christmas time!
2. A really great weekend. You know how sometimes things just all fall perfectly and produce a wonderful end result and you just know it was a blessing from God? Well, last week was like that. A perfectly wrapped gift handed to us. It started with a great workout Saturday morning, then a fun matinee movie, Mission Impossible Rogue Nation, with good friends. Next was a wonderful cup of tea shared with said friends with lots of laughter thrown in. And while we were at the show, another friend txted and asked us over for appetizers. Another great couple of hours spent later in the evening with them. Sunday was a great church service and then we just had to take advantage of the beautiful weather and go for a long bike ride on Sunday. Perfect weather for that...sunny yet coolish air. Ending the weekend visiting with my mom and my sis's family. Everybody's company and our activities were just a true blessing that weekend and I'm very thankful we don't have to do life alone.
3. Getting off work a half hour earlier yesterday. I know this may not seem like much, but it couldn't have happened on a better day! I had so much to do, including 2 appointments and a library pick up that needed doing, right after work that day. That measly little 30 minutes gave me some breathing space.
4. Dwelling on summer memories. Just looking through our summer pictures and dwelling on memories has brought smiles to me this week. Though we didn't have an official holiday where we got far away for a week there were many wonderful day trips and family time and date time with hubby that I am so grateful for. I can close off this summer with a very contented, thankful sigh.
5. Vacuuming. Quite a weird thing, but seriously, giving the house a good vacuum makes me feel peaceful. Sometimes when the carpets are a mess, I get all agitated and I don't even know why. And then I vacuum getting rid of those bits of everything and it's like a breath of fresh air. I know weird, but really it does make me happy so it's a fave.
What have been your favourite blessings this week?