Monday, August 31, 2015

Daybook


Haven't done one of these for awhile so I thought I'd try to do one a month.


For Today:  August 31, 2015

Oustside My Window:  It is partially cloudy but the sun is peeking through.  And VERY windy.  I'll take it though because it has cleared out the horrible smoke we've been dealing with from the Washington fires.  It's the first day in a week that we've seen the sky and had a nice bright day.  Also outside my window the leaves are starting to change color on the big boulevard trees!  What??!!  August is not even done yet.  I know, only one more day.  But really...that's just wrong!

I am Listening to:  Max and Ruby on tv.  Only one dayhome kidlet showed up this a.m. and we're trying to figure out what to do for the morning.  Library?  Bus ride?  Different playground?  Operation Christmas Child shopping (all the school supplies are on cheap this week!).  What should we do?

I am Thinking:  I need to change out the summer bedding 'cause I'm cold at night now.

I am Thankful for:  my steady pay cheque.  I know a lot of families in Alberta are going through a rough time with the oil field slump so I'm very grateful.  I need to fill 2 spots in the dayhome because of 2 "graduates" to grade 1 but I know they will come along in the right timing.  I'm thankful for the bit of a break after summer mayhem.

In the Kitchen:  I'm thinking I will do my Crockpot Chicken Ciaccatore today, And later this week:  Grilled Sausages and potato salad, Soft Tacos, Honey Garlic Pork and Wontons,

In the Dayhome:  All things apple.  Probably some apple stamping, apple crisp, counting seeds

I am Reading:  Invisible Ellen by Shari Shattuck to complete my "Author with the same initials as yours" component of my Reading Challenge 2015.  Eighty pages in and it's got my interest so far!  Also trying to finish up Crazy Love by Francis Chan which I've been working on since January.  I am so not a non-fiction reader.

Some favourite things:  A relaxed Sunday with no commitments other than church.

A few plans for this week:  Getting myself and dayhome kids back to more of a routine and intentional learning, Operation Christmas Child shopping, going through my fall clothing to see what stays and what needs to go

A favourite quote or thought:



I am excited about:  an upcoming trip to see my oldest and looking at all her pictures from her Western European trip, getting a delivery from Bookoutlet!

A peek into My Day:  

Yikes...say it isn't so!


Simple Women's Daybook is hosted by Peggy here




9 comments:

Jodi said...

I like you quote/thought! Hope you have a great week!

ellen b said...

Your meal choices sound good as usual! Yippee for a trip to see your oldest and to hear all about her time in Europe! Blessings!

Barbara H. said...

I have a couple of Francis Chan's books on my Kindle app but haven't read them yet. I may have to put one on next year's TBR challenge.

It's so neat you'll be able to go see your daughter!

Tori Leslie said...

I bet it was nice to see a clear sky. I'm with you, I can't believe it's already September but I'm welcoming cozy evenings.
Enjoyed your Daybook.

Anita said...

Our sunsets and sunrises here in Kansas have been much redder lately because of smoke in the upper atmostphere - even this far away!
I miss Max and Ruby! Maybe I should look up an episode online, just for old times, lol...
Hope you have a great week!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I am jealous - you are cold at night. We are still running the AC all night. Leaves starting to change - fall is coming. Can't say I'm not looking forward to cooler temps. Have a great week.

Amy said...

Love that quote! Needed it today =)

Karen said...

Today was the first clear day we've had in a long time. Amazing how far that smoke travels. Crockpot meals are sounding good with the weather cooling down. I don't use the crockpot much in the summer, although it would make sense to do so and not heat up the kitchen.

Simply Me said...

Just found this blog. Enjoying...