Friday, November 28, 2014
Friday's Fave Five #308
Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Happy Thanksgiving to all my American bloggy friends. I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. And how appropriate is FFF for this weekend? Are you all ready to look for and share what you are thankful from this past week?
1. 5 Stores - no purchase. Why on earth would this be a blessing you ask? Especially as the Christmas season kicks off? Well those stores were Christmas/decorating type stores and if you knew my history in one of those, well, let's just say the "no purchase" is not a part of my past record in those kinds of stores. But this year, I have been to several Ladies nights at these stores and not felt at all compelled to buy a thing. Yes, everything was real pretty. But for whatever reason, this year, I did not feel compelled to bring any of it home. That, my friends, is a miracle. I can't explain it other than to say I feel content this year with what I have. And I hope it continues!
2. Birthday dinner. We finally celebrated Hubby's birthday last Sunday. He's a pretty lay low kind of guy. Doesn't like parties, especially surprise ones. So just our little family celebrated him at a favorite restaurant with a wonderful meal. I was a special afternoon for him and that made it a blessing.
3. Surprise gift of a Starbuck's. One of my dayhome parents came bearing a gift of a venti flavored coffee for me the other day. What a lovely surprise. It makes me feel very appreciated.
4. Special time spent with a friend. In all the busyness that is starting it was really nice to spend a couple of evenings with a friend. Being able to relax and just be myself and have fun is a real blessing.
5. A relatively peaceful day as a new roof was being installed. I was a bit worried that a day of constant hammering was really going to affect the kids in the dayhome but they handled it like troopers and played really nicely all day. The two babes even slept their usual amount and didn't get woken up from the loud noises. The peaceful silence when the roofers were all done was absolute bliss to me. I'm very thankful that all went smooth.
What are the blessings that were your favorites from your week?