Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday's Fave Five #307


Welcome to Friday's Fave Five.  A place to stop and pause life so that we can actually stop and notice the blessings in that life.  Finding five from the last week and recording them and sharing them helps me to keep perspective and promotes gratefulness in my life.  Please join me in this.  Guidelines are here if you've never participated before.

Updated with correct link in #3


1.  This post on time management and focus for Christian women.  I found this post very timely for me.  This time of year is super busy for me with a double whammy of obligations at church and sometimes I take on way too much.  This post helped me to see that as a Christian my time management must start with time with God to find out what should be on my plate and what shouldn't. I'm a  person who has a hard time saying no and if I'm putting things on there that God is not calling me too no wonder I'm feeling overwhelmed and stressed.  Maybe some of you too can relate?

2.  Operation Christmas Child boxes from church delivered to the collection center.   Yipee!  All done and one step closer to getting to the kids.  And a blessing within the blessing was my son driving them to the collection center and unloading them all for me.  It's something that I like to do but I was pressed for time and he had a couple of days off this week.  So I stepped aside, note #1 above, took it off my plate and gratefully gave the task over to him.

3.  A special gift from my hubby.  It was such a simple gift but boy did it tell me he loved me.  There was a new worship song that I was really liking.  I emailed the youtube link to him because I knew he'd like it too and to ask him to add it to my list.  When I collect up enough songs he purchases them on itunes and makes me a CD filled with my favorite songs.  When I got in the car the next morning and turned it on, out of my speakers come the sound of that song!  He had taken the time to get that for me the very next day and had it right on mark in the car so that when I got in I'd be hearing it.  What a great guy!  If you're super curious and just have to know it's this song.

4.  Trying a new recipe and having it work!!  It was delicious!!  I didn't go through all the steps with the potatoes.   I just halved baby potatoes and threw them in the roasting pan for the last half hour of cover off roasting.  (That meant I didn't use the second half of the oil).  Yum, yum.

5.  Laughter.  There is nothing like sharing in some good belly laughter with others that makes the soul feel wonderful!

Bonus:  Happy Birthday today to my wonderful hubby!

What were your favorite blessings this week?





13 comments:

Willow said...

It's great to have a recipe that works and tastes great.
Your hubby is so thoughtful. I'm sure you played that song over and over in the car.
Hurray for the boxes being delivered. I know it's a HUGE job! Thanks for all you do for the children.

Gattina said...

Fortunately these Christmas hectic is far behind me. Other than choosing gifts and eventually think of something to eat, I have nothing to care about. I have a 5 person family and as a Dutch my DIL has never celebrated Christmas before, in Holland they do that on the 6th of December Saint Nicolas ! Must be the only country in the world !

Tori Leslie said...

What a sweet hubby you have, great surprise. BTw, I'm participating in your Friday Fave today for the first time. Thanks for hosting it!

Hazel said...

Christmas in the air! Happy birthday to your dear hubby. Great way of giving you a gift.

Faith said...

love your number 1, I've written a lot of posts about our time and being still with God....so important! I've had to learn over the years to seek His will in my daily activities or I get way too bogged down! happy birthday to your hubby! I tried to find the song on your link but it brought me to a book page. have a great weekend!

nikkipolani said...

Happy happy birthday to Mr. Living To Tell The Story!! I love all the sweet stories you share of his inventive thoughtfulness.

So often I find timely nudges from God through the faves we share. Your #1 is the one today. Thank you!

Barbara H. said...

I've always loved Elisabeth Elliot's quote (mentioned in the post) about praying "Thy will be done, not my list be done."

What a sweet and thoughtful thing for your hubby to do!

What a blessing to have all the Operation Child boxes done and delivered. I am sure it will mean a lot to the recipients.

That recipe sounds great - I love your adaption with the potatoes. Eliminating a step plus calories is a bonus in my book!

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting!
Count me in

Anonymous said...

Ahh...a very happy birthday to your thoughtful husband!

Jhona O. said...

Happy Birthday to your husband! I am looking forward to reading the post you shared about time management. I have been working on spending time with the Lord first thing in the morning. Have a beautiful weekend!

Annette Whipple said...

Belly laughs ARE the best!

Jerralea said...

Belly laughs are one of my favorite things!

Your hubby is a keeper. Happy birthday to him.

Carrie said...

No, there is nothing quite like laughter.

I totally got a huge smile out of your husband prepping your music for you. I'm listening to the song right now!