Welcome to Friday's Fave Five, a little meme that helps us to focus on the good things that we are blessed with, the big and small that brings a smile, encourages and uplifts us through our days. Please join us. Guidelines are here if you are new.
1. Sleeping in and a mellow start to a Friday. This month I started my workday every single day at 7:30 a.m. For a night owl, that is a tough stint. Last Friday a parent of the early arrivers decided to keep the kids home with her. What a difference that simple half hour made to the start of my day. It was so much more relaxed and I savored every second in that 30 minutes.
2. Operation Christmas Child kick off. Last Sunday was the kick off to Operation Christmas Child at my church. I have the privilege of heading it up and what fun it is. To me it is not even work. Love, love, love this ministry and my dream is to go on a distribution with them, hopefully in the next year or two.
3. My guys all to myself. Dinner out with my hubby and my son was a real blessing last Friday night. We went to my favorite restaurant, I had one of my favorite meals and enjoyed the company of my two favorite guys. Then Son left early to get to worship practice and it turned into a wonderful date night with my beloved. Come to think of it, last Friday started great and ended great, it was pretty darn good all around.
4. Coffee and dessert with a friend. An evening opened up where my friend and I could get out and just have a great chat, sharing our lives and lots of laughs. Dessert was pretty darn good too.
5. Top Chef Online University. My oldest girl gifted me with the Top Chef University Online Culinary Course last Christmas. It's been fun going through the courses and though I know some of it, it's exciting to learn proper techniques and new to me ideas. It's easily doable, most of the segments no more than 10 minutes at the most so far. I can hardly wait to get to some of the tougher stuff that I have no idea how to cook.
Well that wraps it up for me. It's going be a fun but busy weekend for me. Hopefully the weather continues on it's nice trend after that snow dump last week. I can't hardly believe it is November already! What were your favorite blessings this week?