Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. A place where you can relax and look back over the week and look for those things that were a blessing to you. It doesn't have to be big, though it can be. It doesn't have to be super exciting or obvious. What it should be is anything that uplifted you, made you smile, made life a bit joyful, got you through the day or well let's just put it out there, tasted good! Yes, we do mention food a lot around here. Obviously, we consider good eats a blessing. ;v) If you are new here, please read the guidelines first, just click here, it'll just take a moment, and then feel free to join our group who make it a purposeful thing in our lives to be grateful.
1. Smiled the whole time I watched this!
Don't you just love this? How can you not smile especially when the otter is most definitely playing with the little guy and his obvious joy from it.
2. Haircut. I have given up. I am a long hair wanna be. Always have been. But I can just never seem to pull off even a simple bob cut. I just look better and feel better in a short cut. I had once again been trying to get my hair to some chin length graduated bob but it hits a certain point and I just can't get past it. I am not and have never, ever been one of those girls who spend forever on their morning prep. Nope, not me. I'd rather sleep. And seeing as I have some natural wave in my hair, and seeing as most of those bobs require lots of straightening, I finally gave it up and got a shorter cut that shows off the waves rather than fights them. Sometimes a girl just has to go with the flow, or the wave as it were. Now I am happy and feel more like me!
3. Going to a Phil Callaway event. I was so excited when I heard he was coming to my city. I've read several of his 20 or so books one of which I reviewed here and another here If you've never read a Phil Callaway book or been to an event featuring him as a speaker, you are missing something. The man is absolutely hilarious. His books are full of humor and heart and hope. His events will have you laughing until your sides hurt and tears run. Such a fun evening.
4. Uplifting music. I'm not so much into playing music all day long as my youngest and her father are. I do like my peace and quiet. At some points throughout the day, usually in the car, I do like to listen to music that makes my heart sing and lifts my spirit. It's just such a blessing to have music in life.
5. A lovely surprise from hubby. I mentioned yesterday how this sweet surprise is bringing color into the living room and forgive me but I must mention it again as a favorite. It's been awhile since I've bought fresh cut flowers and out of the blue hubby blessed me this bright and beautiful bouquet! Another little something that lifts the spirits, both the thought & gift and the color & beauty.
Thanks for joining me once again in FFF! You are all such a blessing to me and I so look forward to reading your posts throughout the weekend with a nice cup of coffee! Speaking of weekend, hope you have a great one.