The very first week of FFF for 2013! Happy New Year everyone! I hope your New Year is off to a bang of a fresh start. A great way to start off the new year, in my very humble opinion, is to look for the blessings in one's life. So please join us as we do just that with Friday's Fave Five.
I'll be posting my own list just a bit later in the morning. The time really got away from me yesterday so didn't make the scheduled posting but I'll be by in just a bit. Meanwhile, you girls (and any guys who want to join in) just go ahead and start the party without me. New to it all? Just pop by here first for the guidelines.
Whew, quite the day yesterday, but I so did not want to miss doing FFF, especially the first one of the year. Wanna set the right tone of gratefulness for the year!
1. My first one is the biggest for me, my son making it home, safe and sound, on New Year's Day. We were so glad to see him roll up. He had actually got off the day before, but the medic relieving him was several hours late. Which made him very late getting on the road to get home, setting him up to not arrive until 1 or 2 in the morning. On New Year's Eve. So we really encouraged him to stay at the main base for the company over night, which he did, and he arrived safe and sound before lunch. Unfortunatley, his sis only got to spend a couple hours with him before she had to head back to her city. But at least they got to see each other.
2. Celebrating New Year's Eve at my sister's with a lovely ham dinner, lots of laughs and playing a new game my Youngest introduced us to. Lots of fun.
3. Oldest daughter arriving at her home safe and sound. Man, this mama does not like all the miles her kids have to be on highways, but she made it safely in good time with good roads. I'm always very relieved to get that text that she made it there. This time she had good company for most of the trip back and for that I'm very thankful too. Such a long drive, more than 6 hours, to do by oneself so I'm really thankful she had someone with her.
4. Some good reading done in 2012. Looking back at everything I read over the last year, it is quite a list. There was some really good reads in there. I never take reading for granted or the accessibility I have to a world of wonderful books or the fact that I get to choose what I want to read.
5. A silly thing, but I do love a fresh, new calendar up on the wall. I know, go ahead and laugh. I'll wait till you're done. :v) But there is something about a fresh new start, with nothing blocking it up yet. It just makes me feel good.
Thanks for joining in with me for the new year. I'm looking forward to reading all your blessings and things you are grateful for coming up in the year. Reading all yours always makes me that much more aware of different things I can look for within my own weeks. Happy New Year everyone!