Hi everyone! I hope all my American friends had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration yesterday and that you're not too terribly OD'd on turkey and fixings to look for your blessings from the past week. As always guidelines are here if you are just participating for the first time
1. Birthday celebrations. This week we celebrated hubby's birthday. It's always to fun to have a family celebration and to honor one of our own. The gift I got him was perfect. He loved it and our dinner out was delicious!
2. The perfect coffee pot. This was hubby's gift. I got him the coffee pot he's always wanted but we could never get because it didn't fit under the cupboards. It has a insulated stainless carafe so the coffee is kept piping hot without sitting on a burner getting that burnt old taste. Hubby used to tip the pot so that only a bit of it was touching the burner which helped a bit but left the coffee less than desirable in the temperature department. We tried the new one out as soon as we could and 6 hours later the coffee was still pretty hot and tasted fresh. Yes, I think I am enjoying hubby's gift as much as he is!
3. Dinner out. I love to cook but I always enjoy dinner out also. I'm very thankful we have opportunities to eat out once in a while especially for a celebration. Hubby chose Tony Roma's and most of us got what they are famous for: ribs! It was delicious. Brought out the inner "Fred Flintsone" in all of us.
4. Operation Christmas Child. This is a real blessing in our family. We've packed boxes almost since it was started in the '90's. It's always been a family project and now I head up the campaign at church and my kids help me. It brings me joy to work with them on this. And it brings us joy to share blessings and imagine the child who opens the box. For more info on this great project you can click on the button in my sidebar.
5. The weekend. I am so glad it is here. The end.
What have been your favorites from this past week?