Friday, November 11, 2011
Friday's Fave Five #165
How interesting, today is the 11th day of the 11 month of the 11th year of the 2000's. That will never happen again in history. Welcome once again to Friday's Fave Five. It's always a pleasure having everyone join in on this little meme started to help me be more aware of the blessings in my life.
1. Remembering all those who have given their lives or have fought for our freedoms. Today is Remembrance Day in Canada and I am very grateful for all the veterans and those currently serving. Thank you seems such a small thing to say in light of what you have fought for.
2. The wind is howling outside tonight, apparently blowing in some snow. And when the wind blows the simple pleasure of my warm, comfy throws makes me very happy. Nothing like curling up with one on the couch when it's blustery outside.
3. Hubby's company when I had to run some errands this week. So much nicer doing running around stuff with his company.
4. A great deal. My heart sings when I come across a big unexpected deal. I walked into a store on the weekend and right by the doors they were clearing out some summer items. As soon as I laid eyes on one of the things I knew it was the perfect Christmas gift for my sis and her hubby. I didn't set out to go Christmas shopping but when I find a great gift at a great price I'm in Christmas shopping mood!
5. Forgiving friends. Yikes, I was supposed to meet a friend at a local stores opening night of their Christmas extravaganza only I thought it was next week. Well it was this week. She waited and waited and finally had to leave. She did try to text but I was charging my phone and had it turned off. But she was very gracious and laughed it off and we have a another fun night set for next week.
What were your moments of happiness, or meaning, or smiles from the past week? Share with us in a post and link on up! Have a great long weekend. Hopefully we won't be digging out from too much snow.