Friday, November 04, 2011
Friday's Fave Five #164
After a gorgeous fall day today, we are preparing ourselves here in Southern Alberta for the first snowfall of the year coming, apparently tomorrow. So today's Fave Five is brought to you by a nice, cozy blanket and a steaming cup of lemon meringue tea.
1. Dinner out with friends makes my list this week. Saturday night we went for a spur of the moment chinese dinner. The conversation was good and inspiring, the company great, the food delicious. I always enjoy doing something with another couple.
2. Attending a powerful worship concert with Starfield. My daughter asked me to go with her and I'm so glad I did. Even though I was super tired and secretly was wishing I could stay home, I'm so glad I fought that urge and went with her. It was an absolutely powerful wonderful night of worship. I first saw these guys when they were just starting out and backing up "Jake". My girl was only in grade 2 or 3 when we went and now she's in grade 12 and again we went. We had a great time. It was amazing seeing all the youth at the front standing and singing and raising their hands in worship through most of the concert. If you have never attended a Starfield concert and can get to to one, GO!
The video is not from the concert here but you'll get the idea.
3. This rotten cold finally starting to disappear. I am so thankful this thing is finally hitting the road. It's been over 2 weeks. It feels good to be half decently feeling good again.
4. Lemon Meringue tea. One of my favorites anyway but it went down so good while that cold hung on. Lemony with a hint of vanilla and smooth tasting. It really does taste like lemon meringue. Sorry don't know who puts it out. I but it at a coffee shop and it's a loose tea with the big pieces of everything in it. But it's worth every penny. Yummy.
5. It's Friday and the "fall back" weekend of daylight savings time. I'm so glad it's the end of the week with a weekend free and open with no major commitments. I can clean the house at leisure, get some groceries, read, whatever. And the bonus of an extra hour of sleep come Sunday morning suits me just fine right about now!
What were your favorite things from your week? Please join us in looking for blessings in our days no matter how the week is going. You'll be surprised at how uplifting looking for and sharing your blessings is. No matter the size of them, if they made you happy, or encouraged you they are worth taking note of.
Have a great weekend everyone!