Hi Everyone! Thanks for excusing me my lack of a post last week. I didn't have my computer because I was on holidays and I was unplugging. I borrowed hubby's laptop but couldn't get to my buttons or anything. Oh well. It still looked like a great number of you carried it for me and played along. Thanks for that!
Like I said, last week we were on vacation. In the beautiful, sunny, wine country of Okanagon. So beautiful. I've got my heart thinking I'd love to retire there. Better start saving my shekels. But anyway, in that vein my faves are going to be about the vacation.
1. Family Time all wrapped up in a getaway. I'm so thankful to still go on a holiday with this great bunch of people who have my heart.
I'm under no illusions that this is a great blessing. The chance to get away as a whole family is something I greatly appreciate. I know many "kids" 21 and 19, and sometimes even 16, don't want to go with Mom and Dad on a holiday. My kids still want to be with us and for that, I am so thankful.
2. Guts. Yes, the guts to knock this little activity off my bucket list.
I've been wanting to do it for, about 28 years. And I finally did.
It was worth the wait. And I'd do it again in a minute. So smooth and peaceful and not scary at all.
3. Fruit in Abundance. One thing that makes the Okanagan valley so amazing is all the fruit orchards. Miles and miles of them. Fruit stands everywhere. And what we really enjoy doing together is picking our own fruit. This time we picked peaches. There is nothing like fruit that you picked yourself. Fun and yummy.
4. Mountains and being in the midst of them. Though the drive home was an 11 hour affair done in one stint, it took us through the amazing Canadian Rocky Mountains. There are breathtaking. They are big, and rocky and majestic. I just can't stop taking pictures of them. Even though I'm doing in a car that's whipping on down the highway.
5. Relax Time. Plenty of down time. Swimming in the motel pool. Reading in the pool chairs. Sitting on several of the many beaches in the Okanagan Valley. Reading on my towel. Swimming in the lakes. Reading in the car. Eating more cherries than any sane person would do at any time except on vacation in the orchards. Trying new restaurants. Taking walks. Exploring streams. Sitting in the hot springs. Sigh. One week was not near enough. But I'm so thankful for that one week!
Our family doesn't go on a big getaway every year but I'm so thankful this was one year that we did. What were your favorites from this last week? Share in a post and don't forget to link on up so we can visit. If you're new, please read the guidelines first and then jump right in and join us!