It's Friday and that means looking back over the week and searching out our blessings big and small and sharing our favorite five. Please join in with us. If you are new, get the details here.
1. Under the Overpass. I finished off this book which I started over the Christmas holidays. In a nutshell it's the story of a young college student who felt the Lord was leading him to go live homeless on the streets of several American cities over a five month period. There is so much in this book that opened my eyes and challenged me in my thinking and attitudes and my definition of my Christian walk. I'll have a more detailed review in the next few days. But if you can get ahold of this book it is well worth your time. It will draw you right in. You can have a sneak peek of the first chapter here.
2. A good start to my week back to work after the holidays. Those first few days are always hard going back after being off for 10 days but my week has been on the slower side and it's been nice to just ease back into it rather than jumping into the deep end with it.
3. Normal meals and eating. Don't get me wrong, I love all the holiday food. Those foods you only eat at the holidays, the constant yummies where ever you go but there comes a point where it is just becomes too much. I'm glad to be back to "normal" everyday meals and snacks.
4. Daughter arriving safely at her destination as well as us getting home safe. On Sunday when we drove our oldest to another city to catch her bus, the weather took a turn for the worst. The roads were horrible. Really horrible. It was a white knuckle drive there and back for us. And for her, her bus also kept stalling so before she even got out of the city limits, they had to sit in the stalled bus and wait an hour and half for another one. We were sure glad to get her text saying she had arrived safely. It came at one in the morning, about 2 1/2 hours later than her original arrival time, but she was safe. Praise God! We could now actually sleep.
5. The new puppy. You know I have to mention him. It's been so much fun having him and he's totally fitting right in. He full of exuberant energy and loves to play. He's even pretty good with the dayhome kids for a puppy and he learns fast.
What have been your favorite blessings over the week. Share in a post and link on up so we can come and visit.