Friday, August 13, 2010
Friday's Fave Five #100
Party time! It's the 100th post of Friday's Fave Five. Well, if you really want to get technical last week was but I wasn't able to be here so officially I'm calling it as party day today. If you do a post today I'm going to enter you into a little giveaway to help celebrate 100 weeks of looking for God's blessings in our lives. How about a little gift certificate to Starbuck's so that you can have a nice drink on me and maybe raise it in a toast of celebrating? Sounds good to me.
So because we are celebrating FFF I'm going to break the rules, just for this week though, because goodness, the earth will stand still for this rule follower if I break too many rules. Instead of looking back over this last week for blessings, I, personally, for my post, am going to name 5 reasons why Friday's Fave Five has been a blessing to me over these last 100 posts. Please join in and celebrate with me whether you have been with me from the beginning or this will be your first time participating. If you need the details, just go here first. And then let's grab you favorite beverage, a snack and mill a bit and visit and party!
So in no particular order:
1. FFF has helped me to focus on the good things in life. Since starting FFF I find I am more aware of blessings, great and small, as they happen throughout my day. As I go through my day I find myself thinking "Oh that would be a good one for FFF". Some weeks are great and it is hard to narrow the good things down to only five, other weeks are downright tough and I have to look hard. But as I do I can always find some blessings woven in there somewhere. FFF forces me to look for them even in the hard times.
2. FFF makes me aware of God in my life and in the lives of those who participate. As I've done my lists over the 100 posts, I've become more aware of God being a Good God and desiring to bless us and uphold us.
3. Doing FFF posts has made me look at life more positively. How can I not be more positive when I teach myself to see blessings even in the rough spots. Don't get me wrong. When the times are tough, sometimes it is very hard to look back over the week and my attitude stinks and I don't feel like searching for anything good, but I believe it's become a bit easier now that I've been doing FFF. I realize how blessed I really am.
4. Meeting new friends who also desire to see the blessings in their lives. It's been so much fun to have old friends from Blogworld join in and get to meet many more people. I look forward to seeing your names each and every week come up on Mr. Linky and I miss you when you are not there.
5. Reading about your blessings. As I read and see how you've been blessed and how God has touched your lives, it uplifts me too. Sometimes I have real moments of revelation where I think "Oh, I never thought of that. Yes, that is a blessing!" I can't always get around to everyone on Friday's but one thing I really look forward to is a nice quiet Saturday morning, with my housecoat and cup of coffee and settling in and reading FFF posts. It's almost become a tradition. Saturday's are not the same without it.
I want to thank all of you for being a blessing in my weeks! Now go ahead and party away! Don't forget to sign your FFF post onto Mr. Linky!