It's the Plinko Edition of Random Dozen. Join us at 2nd Cup of Coffee for some random plink fun. Linda gives us a definition of "plink" just in case we weren't sure:
"Plinking refers to informal target shooting done at non-traditional targets such as tin cans, glass bottles, and balloons filled with water." Plinko is also a carnival game we play at Oneighty, but pot-luck shots fits this meme better, I think.
So here are your random plinko questions lined up in a row just like tin cans:
Well the only Plinko I know is the one on "The Price is Right" and there is a money pay off with that one but I'll give this my best shot, Linda! Get it, best "shot". "Shot- targets". Yeah, ahem. Moving on.
1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet? I would have to say that would be my great big winter boots that I used to wear when we'd go toboganning with the kids. Since I rarely wear them there's been no need to get rid of them. But they are there if I ever get the urge to once again get nostalgic and throw myself down a steep snow covered hill on a little piece of wood with no steering mechanism. So all that to say about 10 years old or so.
2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety? No, the girl's haven't been around as yet. Is it that season already? Do they even go door to door anymore?
3. Do you know how to ballroom dance? If not, would you like to? No, but I can do a mean polka! I haven't been to a dance in many a year, but I would love to learn the real ballroom dancing. Although the Latin ones at my age and body type would not be pretty and you wouldn't catch me dead in the outfits, but the more traditional ones I would love to know how to do.
4. Were you a responsible child/teenager? For the most part. I had a bad year where I lost my head and I've always had a wee bit of an issue with procrastination but being the first born and having European born parents who lived, ate and breathed responsibility, I think I was pretty responsible.
5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see? All of one: The Blindside. And it was awesome. Sandra Bullock was worthy of the her Oscar win. The others I really have no desire to see. Oh, I did see Julie and Julia where Meryl Streep was nominated. Hmmm, she really could have won for her portrayal too.
6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself? Having blood drawn on or someone else doesn't bother me unless it was my kids when they were little. That was hard. One time when my oldest was about 15 months old she had to be IV'd and they wanted to put it in her foot. I wouldn't let them but they wanted me to hold her down while they IV'd her hand. I told them no way and had to leave the room and had a mini meltdown. Her Dad stayed with her and then I swooped in to offer all the hugs, kisses and comfort.
7. What is your favorite day of the week and why? Saturday because it is truly the only day that is mine. I can sit, with coffee in hand, read, blog, watch all my cooking shows that have been recorded over the week. It's the only day where, until the teens pull themselves out of bed, that I have some time totally to myself. So I savor the Saturday mornings.
8. Do you miss anyone right now? This kid:
Man I miss my oldest girl. It doesn't get any easier not having her around even though it will be going on 2 years that she's been gone this summer. But she's coming home for a week or so in the middle of the month. I'm so excited!
9. Do hospitals make you queasy? Not really. Out of my element maybe, but not queasy.
10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card. Not that you ever would, you responsible person, you. LOL. Well, I'd sure give it a great shot at the Home Sense store, which I think is sorta like a T.J. Maxx if I can tell by the commercials, or I think I can do a pretty good job at the Williams Sonoma store too. It's probably a good thing we don't have either one in my city and I have to go to the big city to find them, so I only get there about once a year.
11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items? Depends on the item. Of some things I am adamant on the brand name and others I buy whatever is on sale.
12. Which is more difficult: looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels? Wow, this is a hard question. I had to really think about what I do. I think for me it's harder to look into someone's eyes when they are telling me how they feel. Maybe it has to do with a control thing, where if it's me doing the talking I'm in control and I usually can communicate how I feel, but if it's the other person telling me, I don't know what's coming and therefore I feel more vulnerable? I don't know.
So there ya go. Do I win the money? :v)