Hello and welcome to another week of Friday's Fave Five! Hope you all are staying warm. If you're new, don't be afraid to join in, just go here for the details then grab the button and get started. We're always happy to have someone new join us.
1. A teen who does a chore without being asked. A nice treat when one of my teenagers will remember to do a chore such as unload the dishwasher or clean their rooms or wipe out a sink without me having to remind them or get on their case about it. Thanks guys.
2. Homemade Turtles Chocolates. A co-oworker of hubby's gave out homemade Turtles and he was kind enough to share one with me. Oh my word, they were good. Not overly sweet and very caramely and chocolatey and pecany. Yum!
3. Snow. Yes, the snow made my favorites list. Now I wasn't nuts about the way it came down, or the couple of absolutely frigid days in the -40's (celcius and farenheight) with the wind chill, but today was beautiful. Now I feel like it's the Christmas season.
And even as I type this I'm thinking of my friends down east in Ontario who are feeling the brunt of the storm now. Stay warm guys and stay inside until it passes.
4. Cozy sweaters and sweatshirts. Yup, those came out of the drawer this week and boy they were nice and certainly helped to keep me warm.
5. My clothes dryer. I know that is a funny thing to have on a favorites list, but this week when I was stuffing some clothes in to get dry, I remembered when I was a kid that my mom never used to have a dryer. I remember her hanging all the wash out on the line. Now that is lovely in the spring, summer and some of fall, and there certainly is no fabric softener or dryer sheet that can quite match that wonderful smell of fresh air and sunshine in your clothes and bedding. But I also remember in the winter her hands would be beet red and frozen from hanging the stuff out, and they never totally dried outside when it was really cold. They just froze and then she'd have to rehang them inside to finish drying. So my dryer made my favorites list.
What are your favorites for the week? If you've done a post, please sign the Mr. Linky so that we can come and visit.
Friday, December 11, 2009
Friday's Fave Five #66
Updated with Mr. Linky! Sorry guys, I have no idea why Mr. Linky did come to the party. But he's here now!