Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Join me as I reflect back on the week and find my five favorite things. It's a way that I try to keep a thankful attitude and look for those blessings, both large and small.
Well, after another mini blizzard today, I almost changed my little button to a winterscape. It seems Alberta and Saskatchewan have decided to just skip right on by fall and go straight to winter. And boy, did it come in with a roar. See yesterday's post to get a little taste. Note the picture of the school yard. Well today we could not even see past the chain link fence through the blowing, falling snow.
And this is exactly why I'm really glad I have this little exercise in looking for the good things. So I'm going to get right to it.
1. Working furnace. Yes, we are using the furnace and am I ever thankful that it is working!
2. Big warm duvets and covers. The warmth and comfort they provide are definitely a favorite, especially in light of this week. Summer blankets and coverlets just don't hold the same comfort.
3. New socks. Oh yeah, you can bet I pulled those out yesterday too. A fresh pair of socks feels so good.
4. Planning Thanksgiving dinner. It's Thanksgiving this weekend here in Canada. I love Thanksgiving. It's at my house this year and I'm including favorites of my oldest girl 'cause she's coming home tomorrow. Please pray that she has a safe trip as she'll be passing through the snow on the bus.
5. Touring show homes with my friend. Always a fun outing for the two of us. Especially when we make a Starbucks stop and get chocolate truffle espressos to go.
What has made your 5 favorites this week? If you've done a post, please sign on to Mr. Linky and link directly to your post of this week, not your home page. It makes it that much easier for us to find your post. Have a safe and warm weekend.