Time for Friday's Fave Five! A time to look back over your week and look for five favorite things out of your week. If you are new, you can click over here for more details and then jump right in. This week I am very thankful for this exercise. There have been a few upsetting things over the last few weeks and this helps me to keep focused on the good things in my life that God blesses me with. After my mom-in-law spent a week in the hospital and then my daughter's car being stolen, I am ready to take note of the good.
1. Praise and worship CD's. When I'm going through a stressful time and things are not going the way I planned or are falling apart, I plug in a favorite CD of contemporary praise and worship or hymns and before I know it, I literally feel myself being lifted up. It reminds me that God is bigger than my problems and that He cares for me, that there is a God who has me written in the palm of His hand and that there is nothing going on that He doesn't know about. Do you know how incredibly much He loves you too and cares about what happens in your life?
2. Kay's safety. While the car being stolen is shocking, infuriating and annoying, it is nothing compared to knowing Kay is safe, praise God, and she was in her apartment sound asleep when the nasty person did their nasty deed. As we told her, a car is a material thing and is replaceable.
3. White Chocolate Lemon Cheesecake. Yum, yum. My mouth waters as I think of it. Refreshing and lucious. Definitely a treat.
4. Doctor's good report. Scarey symptoms for my hubby's dear mom but it turned out with no bad news. So that definitely makes my favorites list.
5. Prayers and support of friends for sure is a favorite thing. Whether they support me in something with encouraging words or sound advice or they lift me up before the Lord, it is always a favorite thing in my life. Knowing I do not walk this path of life alone.
What has been five favorites in your week? Please sign onto Mr. Linky if you've shared in a post and we'd love to come and visit you. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!